Complete Amp Wiring

Bronze Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 35
Ok I didnt install the ground/battery/rca/rem cables myself. already installed when bought. i dont currently have my 2nd amp but i am going to this summer sometime. here is the question. when i get a dist block do i run the power AND the ground throught that? or do i run the ground seperatly somewhere (dont no how to do that) and with the remote wire do i just splice it ? and with the RCA cables i heard newer amps have pre-amp outs and just go from HU to amp to amp? correct? if this is all correct please inform me. and also how do i mount a dist block and 2 amps in my trunk so there is no slideing? i heard it is bad to mount amps and such to sub boxes. where else can i put them and still have a little room for things in the trunk??

lot of info here thanks if u read and thanks again if u helped!

-Duff

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3239
distro block is for power.
ground to bare metal within 24" of the amp
you can splice the remote trigger, yes.
if your new amp has pass-through RCA jacks, use those to daisy-chain the two amps for signal.
mount distro block wherever you like. run main line into it, then smaller cables to each amp for main power.
mount the amps wherever tehy fit. to the back of the rear seats, to the side panels, or build an amp rack.
whatever works for you

Username: Jiggaman3105

Post Number: 8
also, make sure ur main power wire from the batt. is thick enough for both amps. and try to keep the distribution block as close to the amp mounting location as possible. when you ground both amps, ground them within 24" of the amps and to make it easier, at the same location, such as a suitible bolt which is directly connected to the chassis of the vehicle(bare metal).

Username: Mustangmatt

Post Number: 2
I have a 2003 Ford Mustang Conv. with the factory Mach 460 stereo and have the new Rockford XR2s with a 1200 watt Kenwood amp however i can't find a wiring diagram for the factory amps any help??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us