Which amp is good for my 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 DVC Subs?

Username: Venemous99cobra

Post Number: 1
Hey guys I am trying to figure out which amp I should choose to buy for my new Infinity Kappa Perffect 10's (DVC version). I am going to have the two subs in a sealed box each in their own chamber and I am looking for a setup that will let the subs produce as much CLEAN impact as possible. I really want to feel the bass as much as possible, while still retaining quality. I am willing to spend 400-500 for the amp (Ebay or discount pricing...not retail) so I am wondering if you guys have any recomendations. The subs are rated for 350watts RMS and 1400watts peak, so I know they can handle a lot of power. Right now I am deciding between these amps although if anyone has any suggestions that I haven't thought of that would be very much appreciated. Here are the amps:

Soundstream Van Gogh VGA1600.2 ($479.99)
MTX THUNDER1501D ($359.00)
JL 500/1 ($398.00)
JBL GTO 1201.1 ($292.95)

If anyone has any input on which direction I should go with this it would be really great, as I want to have this setup sound as good as I can afford to make it sound. Also, how would you guys recomend wiring the subs for the best power output from the amps, as the DVC factor of the equation gets confusing when I am trying to figure out how much power the amp will be sending the subs once it is all wired. Price is not a huge factor, I really jusut want the best amp I can get in this price range, although I would say that the Soundstream is probably the most expensive amp I can afford to buy. Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Username: Venemous99cobra

Post Number: 2
ttt...anyone???

Bronze Member
Username: Livinlow

Post Number: 17
the JL 500/1 would be a good set up, those other amps are too powerful for those subs. are the subs 2 or 4 ohm DVC? because if they're 4 ohm DVC then you would either need an amp stable to 1 ohm, a 2 channel amp and bridge it to get a 4 ohm load, or an amp powerful at 4 ohms. if they're 2 ohm DVC then you could wire them to a 2 ohm load to an amp stable at 2 ohms, which almost all of todays amps are, including the ones u listed

Username: Slash

Harrisburg, PA USA

Post Number: 7
I have that exact setup. I have 2 sealed Infinity kappa perfects 10" in 2 seprarate sealed boxes. I use the ORION 600D Mono. Which I got retail at a price of $320! I have the DVC subs paralleled down to 1-ohm. The Orion puts out 600 RMS at 1-ohm. Since they both hit at the same time, it just pounds.. :-) the SQ is AWESOME. Yet, you still get deep very tight bass. Make sure to stuff the boxes with polyfill.

Harrisburg, PA USA

Post Number: 8
Also.. The ORION 600D has a high pass crossover which you can set to about 20 Hz or so, to get rid of that LOW hum that eats power..

Harrisburg, PA USA

Post Number: 9
Link to manufacturer
http://www.orioncaraudio.com/amps/Dmono.asp

Link to some retailers (around $300)
http://www.epinions.com/pr-ORION_600D_Mono_Subwoofer_Amplifier_600_Car_Audio_Amp lifier

This amp also has selectable 24 or 12dB/Octave low pass crossover. That cleans the sound up even more being set at 24dB/Octave. Definitely the best amp I've seen for subs.. GREAT choice on the subwoofers too. Kappa Perfect DVC are sweet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us