Sundown vs. Kicker

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 518
Sundown sae-1000D and the kicker zx1000.1. Which one is more reliable and which one is more efficient? How underated is the sundown? I read that the dundown is 85% efficent, but could not find out much on the zx, and the sundown has has 90 amps of fuse compared to the 100 from the zx. Also, Is there much of a difference between the sae and the saz?

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 81
kicker is only stable down to 2ohm whereas the sundown can go to 1ohm. i hear that the sundown can put out 1100rms at 1ohm on a good charging system. the kicker will most likely put out around 1200rms at 2ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 709
kicker for 2 ohms.sundown for 1 ohm.like abarca said

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4526
The kicker is more powerful. But as ^^^^^^^ they said you would need the kicker for 2 ohm and the sundown for 1 ohm.

If you don't have the sub yet and can get it to match either impednace, go with the Kicker amp.

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 156
or get a kx1200

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 82
^^^^^awesome amp and 1ohm stable. what sub are you trying to push?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 521
Not sure on the sub, just trying to find out which is more efficent and better build quality. I have the zx750.1 and have no compaints at all. Never tried a sundown amp tho. I dont think the electrical will handle any more than 1000w at (at idle), so thats all I'm gonna try to get. If I get the kicker, its gonna be refurbished, so thats why im debating on the sundown to see how much I can get it for with a good warranty, since refurbs are only 90 days.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5062
try sundown cuz they're newer and this is a point some guys will say WTF but check this out:

Kicker is kinda oriented to all kind of users for example, a newbie can buy a zx1000.1 cuz he saw his friend with that amp banging and stuff, but Sundown is a brand created recently so their products must be good if they want to keep up with the audiophile market. They might produce more effcient amps than others and i'd bet on that.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 525
I'll take that into consideration juliob, it makes sense.
How would a rockford T5001 amp mount up. I know it might not put out as much power as the 1000D and zx, but would it be as efficient as them? It would cheaper and leave some extra money for something nice like some new comps, or a slightly better sub.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4542
ZX1000.1 still wins...... the sundown may be a little more efficient but kicker amps have a proven history of being consistently reliable so I'd go with that.

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 83
if you get the zx1000.1 and your only getting 1 sub then make sure its a dual 4ohm or a dual 1ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 721
rf t5001bd is a very effecient amp even tho it has a large fuse rating,it is more effecient than my mtx amp that put out 650 watts and the rf puts out 969rms watts,i dont even have a voltage drop even on idle,unless im pushing it really hard i mean like a burst and it only drops to 13.3 volts

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13314
Kicker>Sundown...

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 527
What about Rockford power series amps? Are they as reliable as the kicker amps? I can save $100 or more by going with a rockford T5001bd over the others. Im only looking for 1000wrms and no more, maybe a hair less depending on the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Dubmc23

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 201
^^^ im all about it lol...

Silver Member

Post Number: 725
imo rockford is more reliable .the t5001bd is one of the nicest amps i ever had,that amp is in the topline of amps rf makes

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 85
power series from rockford is top notch. the T5001 will put out almost 1000rms at 1ohm. great amp. IMO u cant go wrong with any of the amps talked about. sundown/kicker/rockford. all are great quality and all underrated. but if looking for no more than 1000rms, get the T5001.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4554
That RF anp will do somehere from 700-1000 watts. Since its only rated for 500 you won't know what it does until you see it's birthsheet.

The Kicker will give you 1200-1500

Bronze Member
Username: Khae

Post Number: 86
thats not true that kicker amp only 2 ohm stable!! lol the kx 1200.1 is 1 ohm stable at 1200 watt rms

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4574
^^^^^^^ well you get the dumbazz of the day award

Try actually reading the thread.

Silver Member

Post Number: 795
rotfl

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 89
hahahaha

khaesaechao just got owned

Silver Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 117
Can't go wrong with a 2/5 (full/reduced cost) year warranty, especially since Sundown's don't break easy and Kevin's having a sale over at low-hz.com (not sure if the SAE-1000D is included in the sale), so I'd say e-mail him for a price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us