Upgrading battery cable

Username: Fastshift

Post Number: 9
i'd like to upgrade my battery cable to 4 gauge cable. but im not quite sure what i need to do. my car is 97 honda accord 4 cylinder lx. doesn't have to be same model but it'd be nice if it is.

can you tell me how, and upload pictures of procedures with details?

thank you

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5589
google "the big 3"

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6206
Although 4 gauge is cheaper than 0 gauge it would save you work down the road if you upgraded to 0 gauge. If you don't plan on ever running much power 4 gauge will work just fine just like how you mentioned.

Post Number: 10
im planning on running alpine m650 600 watt at 2 ohm and a pair of alpine swr 1022d

would i need 0 gauge?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6219
Nah for that amount of power you should be fine with what you first mentioned and that is the 4 gauge.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4511
Always use 0 gauge for the big 3

Do it right the first time

Gold Member

Post Number: 6227
If you don't have money for 0 gauge wire you'll be just fine using 4 gauge. If you plan on upgrading later on you'll have to upgrade your wiring all over again. In the long run running 0 gauge is better if you plan on future upgrades but if not then you'll be just fine using 4 gauge wiring.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
alright. another question.
i have stock alternator that is 65AH, and battery from walmart which would not be as good as ones that are mentioned on this forum. would upgrading battery cable really do anything? woudln't it make more sense to have aftermarket HO alternator and to have the cable upgraded?

also i looked under the hood and it seems that the wire from alternator to battery is pretty long and i can't figure out if it is connected to sumthing where i CANNOT see. it goes underthe fuel injector and come outta nowhere pretty much lol. unless it is connected somewhere underneath the injector, would it be okay to reroute it so i can have access to that cable?

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4541
You won't gain much by doing the big 3 unless you get an HO alternator.

The exception being the battery to ground wire, maybe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us