Breakin' it down old skool! (with fosgate)

Bronze Member
Username: Mtx7500

Post Number: 41
being i'm only 18, i wasn't priveledged to grow up in the era of the "good" fosgate amps, so i'm wanting to do an old skool install so i can experience what i've missed. only problem with this is i'm not quite sure where to start. i've been looking at the original punch amps, the punch HD series, the punch DSM series, the punch ix series, and the trans ana's. i would like to know y'alls opinions on these amps (like which ones were better)

in this install, i'm using the first series fanatic Q's for speakers, and two 12 inch power hx2's for the subs.

i want to use two 2-channel amps for the components and if one of the amps above could power the subs, then i'll do that, but if not then i'll use two amps for the subs.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4318
RF indeed used to make real good amps. If you want unbeatable old school amps though, get a hold of some old PPI or US Amps

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 449
i'd get 2 of them punch 800a2's for each sub, i'm not sure if that is the for sure name of the amp, but the black and silver ones are beast, i got a punch 500a2 and it has been hanging around for the last 8 years

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2984
Check out the Rockford Fosgate T series amps.

REAL GOOD STUFF^^^^^^^^^^

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1219
I was originally gonna get an AX 606. I think that's what it was. That thing was beautiful, but it sold before I got the money.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 908
I like my old Soundstream REF amp. Never had a problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us