Amp wire question

Username: Mastersatan78

Daytona beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 7
i have a infinity 1600a 600 watt mono amp. the out put has two speaker hook ups. i ran the subs in a two ohm state. the paper work on the amp states the at the dynamic power it will put out 894 watts at 2ohms http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Owner%27s%20Manual/REFampOM2007(web)rev2-5-07.pdf any help pleaseUpload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5897
What exactly are you asking?Dynamic power is a max power rating.

Daytona beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 8
it has two speaker out puts if i hook only one line in to the amp not bridged. how does the apm read it as a 2ohm load for the true 894 watts that is siad it could do i have the subs ran for a 2ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 408
You will never get that 894 watts. You will only get 600 watts @ 2 ohms. That is a mono amp, you cannot bridge it. It just has 2 terminals for easier wiring, it wont make anymore power trying to bridge it.

Bronze Member

Daytona beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 11
how do i get the 894 watts then. new to use of this amp. i run soundstream but this is in my sons truck and he needs more power and i didnt want to buy a new one

Bronze Member

Daytona beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 12
we started out with a mtx 600xd 600 watt 2ohm mono amp an it didnt cut it

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 416
There is no way to really get 894 watts out of it in a vehicle. There might be some way to get it when testing an amp using special equipment, but max power is pointless.

What kind of subs is he running, And what is the vc configuration?
What kind of soundstream is that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us