500 - 800 rms amp for $200 or under

Bronze Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 28
My friend needs an amp to power his Type R, but only has $200 to spend. Any suggestions? Was looking at the Kicker 06ZX4001 since I know they're underrated, but since the Type R can handle more than 500 daily I was thinking 600-800w would make a big difference.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 394
Whats the voice coil configuration? Here's a few to consider-

If its dual 4 ohm:

Alpine mrp-m650 or mrp-m850
kicker zx750.1
Kicker sx650.1 (little more expensive)
Rockford t5001bd (will do around 600 watts @ 2 ohms)
Rockford p6001
JBL GTO 601.1 (should do 600 watts, but no more, i think?)

Dual 2 ohm:

Hifonics TXi1008D (will get about 800-900watts @ 1 ohm)
Orion HCCA-D1200
Rockford t5001bd (will do about 900 watts @ 1 ohm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Its dual 4 and I was looking at the kicker zx7501 but were can you find it for $200 (saw it for like $220 refurbished on ebay, but I think he want's it to be new) because I'm sure my friend would love that sub.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 396
Look at sonicelectronix.com's ebay store. You can get it for $199 shipped w/90 day warranty. The internals on refurbished amps are new, only the casing is old. Heres the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-ZX750-1-06ZX750-1-CLASS-D-MONOBLOCK-SUB-AMP-750W_W0QQ itemZ300171205397QQihZ020QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mine looked brand new when I received it. And this place is a good, reliable place to buy from too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Are the Alpine's you listed overrated, underrated or put out what they say?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 402
They will do there rated power. MAYBE 50watts more, but very accuratly rated. They are solid amps too.
If you are going alpine, I'd go for the mrp-m850. The type R will shine on 800 watts. If he doesnt have the money for a 800 watt amp, Id advise just wait a little while and save, it will be well worth it in the end

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4102
All of those amps would be good EXCEPT that Hifonics Txi. Those amps suck.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2932
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1331443/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/3141568/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5910

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
My other friend had 900 watts going to his Type R and my friend says he doesn't want it to be that loud, so I think I'm going to recomenned the Alpine mrp-m650 or Kicker KX600.1, but I'm still gonna try and push the Kicker ZX750.1 on him because I know he'd appreciate what the Type R can do given enough power

PS How may watts rms can a Kicker KX600.1 and ZX750.1 really put out?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 403
Not positive on the kx, but my zx750 does 886w, but I saw one that did 930w. Is that type r going in a ported or sealed box?

M.S. are the hifonics TXi's and ZXi's amps similair, and how do they stack up against the bxi's?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5883
"M.S. are the hifonics TXi's and ZXi's amps similair, and how do they stack up against the bxi's?"

That whole line up of amps wouldn't be something I'd really recommend.On a very tight budget I'd get a BXI if I really had no money to spend.Actually,I'd rather buy a refurbished Kicker amplifier than a brand new Hifonics.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4108
^^^^^ Completely agree with Rob

But that said, with Hifoncs, the Bxi amps are decent for the price, and the XX series are actually pretty good, just overrated. Stay away from any of their other stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6646
If you love your subs, then invest in a good amp once.
However, since not everyone can wait, you can try Audiobahn a8000T or a8002T amps. They cost around $150 or less new and do work. I've personally tested it in my car.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4741
ill sell you my better audio for 200 shipped

does the following
1600 @ 1 ohm
1000 @ 2 ohms
500 @ 4 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
My friend is getting the sub tomorrow for only $105 so he has a little more room in his budget for an amp now.
Thanks for the offer reckless but I think that amp could be put to better use than on a Type R lol
The Kicker ZX750.1 seems perfect for my friend and his tastes and at 190 you can't go wrong

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 415
What kind of box is he going to use? It is also a big factor in how it will sound. Dont be afraid to post a new thread for recommended box designs, in the subwoofer section of course.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Ported, already has it, don't know specs but didn't look any bigger than 1.6 cu ft.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1757
"Rockford t5001bd (will do around 600 watts @ 2 ohms)"

That amp will do 1000RMS @ 1ohm. I have one personally and the birth sheet lists 1036RMS.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 527
ny rf t5001bd says to be 979 @ 1 ohm,and it gives it with out a doubt

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2957

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 528
if u say so 10 watts lmao idc ia int looked at the sheet since i got the amp

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

Sandusky, Michigan U.s.a

Post Number: 165
ill sell ya my kenwood amp... it has a lcd screen which displays voltage, temperature, amperes, and all your settings basically.... it does like 530 @4ohms, 919 @2ohms and almost 1200@1 ohm.... $185..... i got it hooked up to my aa havoc and it pushes it very well....i personally love the amp cause of the lcd screen... just sellin it to get a bigger one thats all...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
meh my friend was lookin at a Kenwood amp before and I can't speak for the whole brand, but the series he was looking at seemed about one level above Pyle lol. So thanks for the offer, but gonna stay away from Kenwood amps for now

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4208
Good move, Kenwood amps suck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
lol so I have a funny story. My friend just realized he'd need to upgrade from 8 to 4 gauge wire for his new amp and decided he didn't want to spend another $100 or so, so he is not getting the amp and he already bought the sub. He doesn't want to return it so I said I'd buy it from him. Anyways I thought I'd offer it here for $120 before I put it on eBay for $130 or so.
Just letting people know before I start a for sale thread

PS Alpine Type R Dual 4 ohm bnib
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us