Amp keeps blowing fuses

Username: Anubis727

Post Number: 1
My friend was helping me install my hifnics bxi1206d and he wired it wrong (pos - grd, grd - pos), blew several fuses before finding that it was wired wrong - corrected it but the amp continues to blow fuses (80 amp). Is the amp toast and if so is there any way to fix it?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3081
Yes, Have your friend pay for repairs. Open it up and take some pics and post them here.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4065
I made that exact mistake myself once. Fortunately the fuse saved the amp though.

As marc said, yours is probably toast.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5851
If you're lucky you can have it warrantied but Maxxsonics will probably know what you did lol. Good luck man.

Username: Anubis727

Post Number: 2
I looked inside and didn't find any noticeble burn marks, soldering, etc. is there any spot specific where I should look. Getting good pictures is proving difficult - keep turning out fuzzy can't see any detail of the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3083
there should be blisters of the trace circuit on the underside of the board going to the transformer. Check around where the ground and power wire traces go to and from the fuses. is it warrantied? if so send it back and have your pal pay shipping. Should have done it yourself. Its not that hard, just research a little before hand.
Sorry to hear about it just the same. I hope you get it sorted out. Nothing worse then seeing your hard earned money go up in smoke.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us