Stock RCA conversion?

Gold Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 1007
i need to know how to convert a stock radio in a nissan sentra and get RCA outputs to run to an amp. what do i have to do?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1036
With over 1000 posts?
You need an LOC (Line Out Converter). Never needed one, so someone else will help you with product suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3966
LOC is what would do it, but those suck in that they degrade the sound severely. An aftermarket HU is the only good way to do it.

Gold Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 1008
its not my system, and i know i need the converter, i just dont know exactly how to do it. and what would be the preamp voltage on that? any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4029
That will depend on the unit........ it should tell you in the specs

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12089
JL Audio CleanSweep or the AudioControl equivelant

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 844
The one I installed used the +/- of both rear speakers.... Quite simple.

Username: Hockeycoach

Post Number: 1
I also have a sentra with the rockford fosgate system and i bought a LOC but i was wondering if i can use the wire from the factory sub and bridge it of do i have to use the rear speaker wires and if i do can i just tap into the wires and still use my speakers

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5884
"its not my system, and i know i need the converter, i just dont know exactly how to do it. and what would be the preamp voltage on that? any ideas?"

It's simple.You just connect positive and negative from your left speaker wire to the left side of the LOC and then you do the same for the right side.There are pots you can adjust for levels on some LOCs.The voltage will depend on what your HU is putting out as far as I know with those things.Instead of worrying about that just set your gain on your amplifier properly and everything should be fine.If you must use a line out converter you should look into Audiocontrols unit,the cleansweep from JL or Phoenix Gold's RSD Sl 44 or something like that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us