Clif Designs & Hifonics

Username: Spankinurwoofers

MI US

Post Number: 1
Does anybody know anything about Clif Designs stuff? My brother recommended them to me, wondering what other people think. Also, I have a Hifonics Brutus 12" dual 2 ohm sub, with a crunch PZi325.2 amp, but looking to upgrade, any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3776
Cliff designs sucks. As does crunch.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/329117.html

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1403
Not sure about CD - I would assume they're on the same level as MA Audio - considering MA is the parent company.

Crunch hasn't been considered "good" for a long time, but I THINK the GP series amps are basically clones of HF's BXi line. I know some SPL guys at termpro praise the GP1600.1 for doing 1300w reliably at 1 ohm which puts it in line with the 1606d.

MI US

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the input. I've heard good and bad about MA, don't know what to think really, I've never had one. I like the brutus amps, but they're pretty expensive, and I was actually looking at the gp's cuz they're cheaper...but I don't know if I should get one or a better amp. I've found some Lanzar amps REALLY cheap(the viberant series), just wondering if they're any good? Also, know if the power acoustik mofo's are good subs or not? I was thinking about getting a pair.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3927
Ok pretty much everything you just listed is crap, lol. Laznar vibe amps, PA subs, cliff and crunch amps, MA audio.

And since when are the BXI amps expensive????? WTF? People refer to them as "budget equipment" because their so-so quality and cheap.

MI US

Post Number: 5
sorry, sorta new to higher-end car audio stuff...the BXi's are expensive, as in, way more expensive than the 'crap' amps on ebay(apparently, like brands like Lanzar, they're really cheap). What would be the BEST brand of amps and subs for budget. If the budget were say, $400-500(subs and amp)???

MI US

Post Number: 6
^^^looking for 2 12"s and a decent amp(box and wires would be extra from the 4-500).

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3968
Post that question in the sub section, you will get lots of different suggestions

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1408
If you think HF's brutus amps are expensive you might keep an eye out for a refurb Lanzar Vibe 1800D on ebay. That's one of the better power/$ buys out there. It will do better than 1000w rms at 1 ohm and the refurbs are usually around $150 shipped.
The other non-optidrive lanzar amps are just your typical budget amps. Price is ok for the power they produce, but most of the published ratings are complete BS. Download the manuals to see what you're really going to get.

I've seen some PA sub tests at termpro and they tend to conclude that they're pretty inefficient - need a LOT more power than they should to do what they're supposed to do.

Something simple like an alpine R or Kicker CVR in a good ported enclosure can sound pretty sweet with as little as 400w.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1409
Quality 1000w amp for $153 -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LANZAR-CLASS-D-MONO-BLOCK-DIGITAL-CAR-AMP-AMPLIFI ER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ013QQitemZ230191907818QQrdZ1QQsspagename ZWDVW+

GOOD pair of 12's for $146 shipped -
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Kicker-compvr-subwoofer-Speaker-CVR12-CVR-12-SUB-2007_W0QQ itemZ110190630184QQihZ001QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Leaves you $200 for an enclosure and wiring.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5027
"you might keep an eye out for a refurb Lanzar Vibe 1800D on ebay. That's one of the better power/$ buys out there. It will do better than 1000w rms at 1 ohm and the refurbs are usually around $150 shipped."

Thanks to Optidriven i'm banging my system with that amp, it has over a year and still working. It's pushing 2 ts 306DVC FYI

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4060
I would not get anywhere near any non Opti series Lanzar

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5033
hahahaha M.S there are some non-opti models that work.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 447
dont know about hifonics,but ppl say the hifonics are some tough amps just expect them to be about 20% underrated

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4100
Overrated

And no they are not that tough
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us