Audiobahn ALUM12N with xplode1200 watt 2/1 amp?

Username: Meandmybitch420

Post Number: 1
hi to all,...i hope im in the right place for this...........i have a sony xplode 1200watt 2/1 amp and a ported banpass box for 2 12inch speakers was going to buy the audiobahn ALUM12N but they are 6 ohm and i have never had a 6 ohm speaker before so my question is... can i run 2 of these speakers on my amp without trouble?

btw i have bought 2 of the cheapest sony xplode 1200 watt speakers for this set up two times and keeps wanting to fry the speakers thats why i want bigger speakers

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3750
Your speakers are frying because that amp sucks, and is clipping them to death. Of course sony anything sucks in car audio. So do audiobahn subs, terrible sound quality. And so bandpass boxes, same reason. Actually there isn't a single good piece of equipment in that setup :/

The sub section gets a lot more traffic, go there and post what budget you have and you'll get a ton of good suggestions on what to get.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6598
I'm going to use the famous phrase from JL haters, you're paying for the name Sony!
Look under the HU/disc changer, there's a thread dedicated to Sony crap.

Post Number: 2
okay and thanx... but will the amp run them?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5648
"btw i have bought 2 of the cheapest sony xplode 1200 watt speakers for this set up two times and keeps wanting to fry the speakers thats why i want bigger speakers"

Well...in Sony's defense I have to say my friend once ran 4 10'' Xplods and gave them each 300 watts RMS and they took it for 2 years before a pair of them finally gave up.He still has two of them though and they're still going(not in his car ,lucky for him) but they didn't sound too great and were a bit sloppy on music but Hernando you should post how much you're willing to spend on a setup and will hook you up with some good deals and ideas for a setup.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5022
i'd sell everything ASAP and start over

Post Number: 3
your a bunch of fu(|<in qu33rZ and retards I DONT WANNA KNOW THE QUALITY OF WHAT I GOT I KNOW ITS CHEAP......I WANNA KNOW IF THE FU(|<IN AMP THAT IS MADE FOR 4 AND 8 OHM IS GONNA FU(|< UP THE CHEAP 6OHM SPEAKER I AM GONNA BUY.............. CANT I GET A FU(|<IN ANSWER TO THAT

Post Number: 4
I THINK YOU GUYZ MISSED THIS PART!!!!!!!!!

" was going to buy the audiobahn ALUM12N but they are 6 ohm and i have never had a 6 ohm speaker before so my question is... can i run 2 of these speakers on my amp without trouble? "-ME

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1407
what model amp?
I'll assume it's around 500w rms at 4 ohms bridged (it should be close).

Your subs are dual 6 ohm voice coils. They can run at 3 or 12 ohms individually, and 1.5 or 6 ohms as a pair. With a basic 2 ch amp 6 ohms is your only option. That should give you around 400w total, 200w per sub. They'll run ok, they just won't give you the output they could with a more powerful amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us