CDX-C580 Sony Stereo: How do I connect my Ipod to it?

Username: Thumper_love06

Outside of Milwaukee,, WI USA

Post Number: 1

I recently bought a used sony stereo, CDX-C580. I don't have an ipod input on the front, and can't figure out how to use the "audio in" slots in the back of the stereo to hook up my ipod.

Any suggestions.

P.S. - I was talking to a Sony Rep. yesterday and they told me to buy a XA-110IP Interface Adapter for Ipod, so I did, and it wouldn't work, so I talked to a Sony Rep. again today, and they told me that my stereo is not compatible to a XA-110IP.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5620
What you can do is get yourself a headphone to RCA Y cable,any Radioshack should have them and then you just run the RCAs to your Audio in or Line in on your head unit and plug the headphone jack into your Ipod.Make sure the headphone jack fits snug or you'll get bad sound out of the Ipod.Expect your battery to die fairly quick.That's about all you can do with the head unit that you have.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6574
Do you have a picture of your Sony? What kind of input jacks does it come with? Is there an audio in on the dashboard?
If all you have is the RCA audio input, then you could get an adapter that converts your headphone jack into RCA. It's very common for computer audio cards. It shouldn't cost any more than $5.
Call up Sony and say you're name is Amanda Huginkis and have it paged.

Near Milwaukee, WI United State...

Post Number: 2
I've tried your idea Rob, well, it was a video/audio cable thing (red/white/yellow one side, black other) ... and that didn't work. i was thinking bout using the radio adapter, but i really don't want to have to resort to that.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3706
^^^^ wrong cable

Post Number: 3
what cable do you suggest i use, M.S. ?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5430
if the input on the sony is a 3.5mm headphone jack just get a cable for your ipod that is 3.5mm to 3.5mm

if the input on the sony are two rca inputs get a 3.5mm to rca left and right (red and white)

also on some headunits you have to turn the aux input ON

Post Number: 5
hmm...i have the 2 rca inputs on the back, would you happen to now how to turn the aux imput on on my stereo? do you have that kind of radio?

Post Number: 6
oh, btw isaac ^ (way up there) i like the Amanda Huginkis idea

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5440
i dont know if you have to turn the aux on for that HU. if you do just look under menu or read the manual. you may not have to turn it on just switch to aux mode and try to play the ipod to see if it works.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5634
"oh, btw isaac ^ (way up there) i like the Amanda Huginkis idea "
Who is Amanda Huginkis?I don't watch T.V. and things like that so I'm pretty sheltered in some ways.I guess it's like A Man da hug and kiss?Was it supposed to be a good joke? If it was...it wasn't very funny IMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6586
Rob, it's from Homer Simpson. You have to page it to get it. It's similar to "I m Sofa King We Todd Ed".
I advice you to not repeat the last statement out loud in public.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5640
I get it Isaac so I would page over the speaker is there amanda huginkiss here? Like saying is there a man to hug 'n' kiss.Also,is ADVISE actually spelled advice in Canada?I'll ask my people from Toronto if you don't respond.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6604
It's suppose to be "advise" not "advice".
If you ask a guy to page, then it'll sound funnier. "Is there Amanda Huginkis, I need Amanda Huginkis". You have to watch the Homer.

Post Number: 7
ok ok ok, enough about Amanda Huginkis, can anybody tell me how to turn on the aux. in on the back of my Head Unit?????

Post Number: 8
or i suppose i can always resort to an fm transmitter, although i really don't want to do that, because it's crappy quality!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5681
Just hit the source button to go to your line or audio in to run the signal from your input.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5444
read the manual if you cant figure it out.

Post Number: 9
already figured it out...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5813
Good job.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts