Jl 1000/1

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 351
how many watts usually do they do.acoording to birth sheets or bench test,never knew they were regulated,might use one to push my 15 sx @ 4 ohms,only 600 on online car stereo

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5600
They produce 1,000 watts RMS.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3668
That amp is very tightly regulated on both the input side and output side, meaning it will do 1000 watts at any ohm load within it's range, and with the charging system at any voltage 11-14.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 351
Whats the ohm load range on these amps? Is it the same as a jl 500/1?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3686
Yes 1-4 ohms

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2863
1000RMS
Volt(11-14.5)
Ohm(1.5-4ohm)

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
so its so regulated it does 1000 rms period.it wont be underrated?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3691
my bad Joey is right, make that 1.5-4 ohms

Chris:

From eveything I've heard, they do rated power. If underrated it would only be by a little bit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
scratch that idea then.i see why ppl say u can do better for the money unless u are just for plain sq

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3694
Even for a pure SQ system their are other amps that will produce as clean a signal for less money. With JL you pay for the brand name.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6575
Chris what you said above is not true. If you compare apples to apples, then it will NOT be possible. Most that bash JL/Zapco etc, are comparing only numbers. For example, Sony/Pyramid 1000w amp vs JL 1000/1 or Zapco C2K. On paper, they're all the same. However, in the real world, one will not sustain the output. Probably burnout in few minutes. Whereas, the other could be played all day and night without any problem. That's what you're paying the extra money for, quality.
So to say, "u can do better for the money" is not accurate.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3696
I think what he meant is JL is overpriced and there are other amps just as good quality for less money

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
M.S. thats exactley what i meant.u can just as good a good amp cheaper,why pay it when u dont have to,unless u just have the the cash to blow

Gold Member

Post Number: 6578
I'd say it's "high" priced but not "overpriced". Over priced means, they're charging excessively. In JL's case, you get good quality, with warranty and service. Now if Pyramid/Sony charged their products as much as JL, then yes, that would be considered "overpriced".
Don't take my word for it. Do some research for yourself.
Take JL 1000/1 amp and find a product that's in the same class. Then compare the prices. You will NOT see 40% or more price difference. If you don't like JL, then it can be substituted with Zapco.
Remember to compare apples to apples, not oranges.
Lot of people get caught up by the numbers game. Google "watt is a watt" and you'll see.
The capacitors fall under the same category as in, both products can be made to "appear" over priced or useless. It all depends on the setup and test environment.
I'll give you a different analogy.
Take Porsche and Corvette. Take their specs and compare side by side. Ignore what makes them unique. What you'll end up comparing are engine size, max speed, acceleration, braking power, tire size etc. If everyone shopped for cars this way, no one would buy cars such as Porsche/Ferrari/BMW/Benz/Rolls, and Honda Civic would rule the world.
Why is it that no one says Porsche/Ferrari are "over priced", "over rated" and "useless"? Perhaps they're smart enough to know that you can't always compare products on spec alone?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3718
" In JL's case, you get good quality, with warranty and service. "

That's probably true. It's just that warranty and service aren't things that I look for when shopping for amps. Quality and output are what I look for. I guess to some people the JL equipment is worth the prices though.

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 230
^^^X2 on what M.S. said JL has some excellent products, but you pay mostly for the name, they have other products that are cheaper and of similar quality for far less money. In all honesty i believe most people buy JL for the name not b/c they did research first. Quality, output, and price are what determines what i buy

Gold Member

Post Number: 6588
If you're saying "you pay mostly for the name" then I disagree. You can slap on any other name on 1000/1 amp and it'll still be the same quality product. Somehow, you guys seem to have a biased mind/opinion.
If a product is backed with high quality/craftsmanship, warranty, and service, then you can not say "you're only paying for the name". It doesn't make any sense.
Now if you're talking about Sony, then it is correct. They USED to make great electronics in the past, but now just about everything is poor quality. Therefore, you can say "you're only paying for the name" about Sony.
I'm not a JL supporter nor a hater, just don't like seeing people say things just cause everyone else is saying it.
I am surprised Zapco isn't included in the bashing about "paying only for the name". It's right up there in price per watt with JL.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3745
I would put Zapco on an even higher quality level than JL, actually they might be the best amps out there.

JL makes real good stuff, nobody argues with that. I considered buying a / series amp, but couldn't justify the price when I could get an amp of similar quality (US Amps AX series) for less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us