I need a big 12" that is good in 1.5 ft3 sealed, suggestions?

Username: Jk_audio

Novi, MI US

Post Number: 1
i have a 1.5 cubic foot enclosure i spent way too much money on to just put aside, so i need a big 12" to go into it, and i mean BIG like competition big. at first i thought MTX but their stuff aint got nothin in the low end only 31 herts i love my lows, so i want somethin that'll hit in the mid to low 20's. i know im not goin to get a lot of low end out of a seal enclosure but i plan on addin on 2 10" infinity kappa perfects down the line.

so what should it be?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13079
budget

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 959
Also, mixing subs is more work than it's worth. If you really think you want response in the 20 Hz range, you either need a few 18s (those Mach 5 IXL-18.4s are supposed to get really low, but you'll need some crazy mid-bass drivers, as they have a really high inductance, so I've heard), or one of these - http://www.rotarywoofer.com/. Take a look at the price. I remember seeing something about an installation in a car some where. Here it is:http://www.eminent-tech.com/randd2.html
Try emailing him to see if you could buy a prototype or two. Hope you're rolling in money. If your neighbours don't like you now, getting that will probably get you on a hit list.
I doubt you really want response around 20 Hz, though. You're just shaking the car, then. 30 Hz is pretty low.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3627
Most songs don't hit below 30 hz.

And 1.5 cu.ft. ain't gonna get real loud no matter whats in it.

Username: Jk_audio

Novi, MI US

Post Number: 2
NO BUDGET

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 50
everyone has a budget. $500? $1000?

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 54
stick to 1 thread... theres the same thread in subwoofer section

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 981
Well I don't think there is a 12" sub that will do what you want. Probably double digit peak to peak excursion would be necessary, it would probably sound like sh!t, be ridiculously expensive, etc. If you have no budget just get a rotary woofer. Why are you talking about having too much money in an enclosure if you have no budget? Why are you talking about Infinity if you have no budget? If you have no budget, get 4 AudioPulse LMS-Ultra 18s, a big SUV, wall it with 8 PR's at 20Hz, and throw 20kW at them. Don't forget to post vids.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3644
agreed you're not going to get what you're looking for in a 1.5 cu.ft. box

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5574
There is no "big sub" that's going to fit in such a tiny box.You say you have no budget but you don't want to throw out a box that you "have too much into"?That doesn't make sense,if you don't have a budget just get a new box and a bad a ss sub.Get yourself an RD Audio Super Heavy Weight,I think they cost anywhere from 650 used to 1,000 new.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us