What are the brands that have the most efficient AMPS???

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 282
Brands and types?

Also, can a two channel amp bridged be more efficient than a mono amp by the same maker?

I will use this information in picking an amp soon for an upgrade.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5001
No, the 2 channel can't be more efficient, basically because they're A/B. If they're class T they might be near in efficiency but not the same.

Right now you should look into Zapco, Rd audio, Sundown audio, Mmats, maybe atomic, Zed audio etc.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1184
^^ great choices and x2 on the 2 channel a/b amp.
I have heard Stetsom or Stestom has good efficiency as well.

Helix and Brax are good as well (expensive) I have a Helix amp and it rocks. The Helix amp (Dark Blue 1000.2) is a 2 channel class D amp so its neat.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6742
stetsom 7k on sale over on CA.com

wish i had a use for it

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2422
stetsom draws a 500 amps at 1 ohm. g/l charging that sh!t. mcintosh, focal, blade, all are efficient multi-channel amps

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5396
shocked no one has said DLS

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3594
All the brands that have been said so far,

also US Amps AX series

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 286
I'm looking at each website comparing watts and price. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1433
If you would like help on the RD Audio, Sundown, or US Amps email me at:

lowhz01@yahoo.com

Kevin

Bronze Member
Username: Nanbakat

Mexico CityMexico

Post Number: 49
The Alpine PDX series amps are some of the most efficient amps ever built. They transform over 90% of the incoming electrical energy into power to drive your speakers instead of flittering it away as heat.

Bronze Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 23
^ That is if you have a bigger budget and not much room to spare

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6608
What is it that you're trying to accomplish? Looking at just the watts and price won't solve anything. By doing that, you'll fall into the Sony/Pyraimd syndrome. When it comes to audio, you can't just rely on numbers alone.
On paper, class T sounds like a miracle amp. However, don't expect that in a real test. There's a reason why it's not the #1 selling amp.
Shop for amps the way you'd shop for cars. You wouldn't compare any car with 6 cyl with Porsche right? If all you're looking for were just watts and price, that'd be like comparing any 8 cyl and price.

Bronze Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 67
what about DDm3's what kind of effinecy are they

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5689
"what about DDm3's what kind of effinecy are they"

It seems as though you haven't been listening to my advice.DD makes very efficient amplifiers.A guy that goes by the name of Louisiana_Crx ran an M3 on a stock alternator at .35 ohms daily with a batcap in the back.He said it was still super efficient on a stock alt.Lots of people talk about DD amps being awesome but...whatever.

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 304
Isaac...what i'm trying to accomplish is getting a quality highly efficient amplifier that will last me a while. I've had my Isis for 15 years. Its time to upgrade.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6614
If it lasted you that long and is still working, you won't find many nowdays. Most cheap amps will die within 1 - 2 years. Similar to cars. The old bugs lasted almost forever.

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 305
I'm not looking for something to last that long, but I don't want to spend $250-$500 for something that will only last a year.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1400
If you're looking for a sub amp:
efficient - made in America - and a great price to boot.
http://www.lanzar.com/specials/citempage.asp?sku=OPTI1000.1D

Gold Member

Post Number: 6618
Opti, how do you know it's still "made in America"? It's rare to see low to mid level amps made anywhere besides overseas.

Username: Drzeke

Post Number: 2
I would have to agree with Nanbakat..... Alpine makes some of the best car audio amps out there. The PDX series are one of the most efficient amps out there and because alpine makes so much money because of there huge sales ( number 1 seller in car audio in USA ) they can sell there stuff for way cheeper than most products.
For example: In the movie "fast and the furious" Alpine was offerd free advertising in the movie as long as they installed the car audio. Alpine turned them down because they did not need the extra help.
I alsp would like to mention Calrion, and Phenix Gold, For the price they make awsome equitment. I myself have bout the DPX11500 Mono with 1500 watts RMS for only 500$ It is also stable at 1 ohm witch is huge power canadian and it pounds more than my car can take.... I run this power to 2 10" Phenix Gold octane R's at 2 ohms. I am overpowering them by 500RMS each!! and the subs will not blow.
My stereo is made up of an alpine deck the DPX11500 mono block sub amp, the APX 4240 4 channel speaker amp, 6 1/2" alpine S type speakers, 2 10" Phenix gold subs with ported box, and a one ferret capacitor. All this combines to hit 130 db of sound and for everything it cost about 2,000$ and it kills some 3,000$-6,000$ systems
So in my opinion Alpine, Clarion and Phenix gold will produce the loudest stereo for your buck.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1203
@Zack welcome! What do you mean by--- "It is also stable at 1 ohm witch is huge power canadian"? there are many amps that are stable at 1ohm in Canada, I'm in Canada myself.
Alpine is usually mega expensive for what you get when compared to other companies, at least when you try to buy locally from shops, way over priced.

$500 for that amp wasn't a bad price, nor really a great one, unless it was brand new. I just sold a 3,000rms D-10 amp for $500 Canadian to a buddy on here....

Your set up is a fairly good one though, glad to see you don't have Sony in there!

Username: Drzeke

Post Number: 3
Hey Mike thnx for the reply.... I just meant for the price of 500 to find an amp with 1500 watt RMS that is also 1 ohm stable is a good deal. and Yes I did buy it new at a local shop
In the case of Alpine and price they realy put out good product for farrely cheep. I found that alpine product often with lower watts will out pound something that is rated way higher in another brand because of the efficiency. It is like buying sony product rated at however maney watts then spending the same money for an alpine product. You will get often get way more performance for your money going with the alpine stuff even if it is rated at lower watts. so if you are looking strictly at stats on the box yes find something to talk about.. But if ur gunna be showing off to friends then alpine is the best performance for your $ in my opinion

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 892
Crossfire VR1000D,VR2000D, VR4000D; Elemental Designs nine.1; Sundown Audio 1500D and 3000D; as well as many of the other great suggestions made so far....JMO

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1418
"Opti, how do you know it's still "made in America"? It's rare to see low to mid level amps made anywhere besides overseas."
}}
Those are old stock Optidrives that were built by Zed Audio. They're a lot closer to "elite" than "low-mid level".

I have one in my trunk.

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 928
If I had to pick one brand.... It would be tough, but from my experienc, the Sundown Audio amps are the most efficient amps or less demanding of your electrical system compared to other amps with similar power output....They are also almost indestructable and warranteed down to .5 ohms.... They are VERY nice amps... JMO

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 929
Whoops, left the "e" off of experience... Sorry

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 931
Sorry again... "most efficient or LEAST demanding of your electrical system"

Gold Member

Post Number: 6006
How about a Kicker WarHorse? Those have super sick efficiency but also a super disgusting price.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 3923
^warhorse? never heard of that one is it new?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6017
I don't think they're out yet to the public.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/auto-audio/kicker-warhorse-10000+watt-car-stereo-amp- ensures-complete-neighbor-alienation-320811.php

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1254
Thats mega expensive for 10,000rms @ $10k...You can go strapped with many other amps and get 10k+rms for less than 5 grand.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 6020
^They won't be that efficient though :-)

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1255
Ahhh, gotcha

But the description on that warhorse says you need two 200a alts and 8 (maybe 12) batteries......So either way I think you would be ok for efficiency if you have that much elec equip

Gold Member

Post Number: 6039
I hope they start using that technology on amps of lesser power. I'd still like to run a WarHorse daily on 4 nice subs though.

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 958
Sundown Audio FTW!!!!!!

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 959
Juliob WINS!!!!!!

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 960
^^^^Juliob wrote "Right now you should look into Zapco, Rd audio, Sundown audio, Mmats, maybe atomic, Zed audio etc."

He wins.....

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2251
They got the warhorse on the Kicker website now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6050
^Yea, I just got done looking at the manual. Looks super sick!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Sinful - Sundown don't warrant their amps down to .5 ohm anymore. Not that it changes the fact that they can do it (at least I hope since I might end up doing that on my 1500D lol)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6082
"Sinful - Sundown don't warrant their amps down to .5 ohm anymore. Not that it changes the fact that they can do it (at least I hope since I might end up doing that on my 1500D lol)"

You better have the charging system for the current draw or you're going to blow that amplifier up.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 866
"Elemental Designs nine.1"

how would you consider it as an efficient amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Khae

Post Number: 78
macintosh!!!!! but expsensive though.... ive used the old school sound stream amp n there good though also the kicker amps... i got a pair my self works execelentt!!! two kx 1200.1 strapped to a single dd 3515

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4336
" Elemental Designs nine.1 "

lol that amp isn't even in the same league as the other mentioned here.

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 682
Incriminator 20.1 is a really good amp expect to see around 2500 watts when ran under 1 ohm and the atomic mono blocks are very effieient

Gold Member

Post Number: 6136
"Incriminator 20.1 is a really good amp expect to see around 2500 watts when ran under 1 ohm and the atomic mono blocks are very effieient"

Ugh. Wrong. The IA 20.1 isn't all that efficient under 1 ohm in comparison to the amps mentioned above. The Atomic amps are current hungry, thank you sir!

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 683
"Ugh. Wrong. The IA 20.1 isn't all that efficient under 1 ohm in comparison to the amps mentioned above. The Atomic amps are current hungry, thank you sir!"

Ugh. The IA 20.1 can be runned down to .35 ohms if u have a good electrical upgrade and yes the Atomics amps are current hungry but that dont mean there not efficient

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4420
^^^^^ LMAO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Rob would you say a 220 amp alt, yellowtop in front and kinetik hc800 in back w/ big three (o gauge wire) is a good enuff electrical to run a SAZ-1500D at .5 ohm? Hope so because I'm rewiring it Monday lol...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
btw I'm setting my gains to 1500w rms (27 volts)

Silver Member
Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 105
i'd say memphis amps are also pretty efficient

im currently running a power reference 1000.1 on a stock charging system with good results

the alternator is a stock 80 amp and the amp is wired to 1 ohm and its putting a little over 1k rms out and i barely have any dimming
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us