Big 3 Question

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 685
I was lookin at a site that said how to do the big 3 and I noticed this:

"Leave the stock wiring attached after you're done. Don't replace the stock wiring, add onto it. Current will take the path of least resistance anyway, so replacing the stock wire will only make more work for yourself."

Does anyone do the Big 3 this way?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5002
that's the correct way to do it.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 686
So you can still leave all of the stock wiring connected?

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 687
Oh, and Juliob, I got a call from MillionBuy a few days ago saying that my amp was back ordered. They said it should be shipped out sometime next week.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3593
Like juliob said that's the right way to do it. Why would you want to take out the stock wiring? Just makes more work.

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 690
Well at first I thought you had to replace all of it. Then I heard this and so on...

Bad news today...I was going to do the Big 3 after class today but, I noticed that my engine was leaking some anti-freeze. Turns out a gasket went in my engine :-(

So, at 9am on Saterday im going to take my engine apart to fix this, then when putting the engine back together i'll put in the new alt and wiring.

Also, a quick question: When looking at my engine I noticed that my battery is grounded on the engine and the engine is grounded to the frame. Does this mean I only have to change the wire going from the engine to frame? Should I just make a new connection from battery ground to frame?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3603
You still have to upgrade both wires. Just add the new wires in the same places as the stock ones.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us