NEED HELP!! My system shuts off randomly

Username: Nissan12

Post Number: 4
Hey, im 16 and dont know too much about car audio. I purchased 2 12'' alpine type e subwoofers and a kenwood Class D Monoblock Amplifier.(Maximum Output Power: 1000 watts). A best buy guy said 8 gauge wires would be fine so i bought a cheap pair off ebay to save money (probably a bad idea). Anyways 2 months after i had it all installed it was playing and my subs shut off, but my stereo still works. My subs come on once in a while but when i try to turn them up they just go off again... Anyone know what the problem is? And how to fix it. Thanks for your help!

Post Number: 5
after reading through some posts i have a feeling my amp is going into protection mode? How do i fix that

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 234
maybe you need a new ground wire or better bare metal ground.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2806
Check all wires for good connection even sub/box wiring.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 932
Check your manual, it should tell you where the protection light is. If not make sure your remote wire (Goes from the cd player to the amp, telling it to turn on. It should be labeled REM) is connected and every thing's fine with it. Check that your power terminals are tight, and the wire's not loose. Make sure the ground isn't corroded, make sure it's tight, make sure it's contact point isn't paint, but bare metal. If it's paint, just get a file and get it nice and shiny silver.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 276
kenwood a big mistake i had 2 of the same amps and then another one of there amps that was crap.got a brand new kac 9103 b4 and it ran for like 2 days and died got another one and it wouldnt even power on and left kenwood alone after that

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 684
what ohms are the subs? you could have damaged the amp over a long period...

Post Number: 9
Finally got it fixed. My friend check it out and the best buy guy didnt turn down the input sensitivity on the amp so i blew my amp. I took it back and got another one. Except its not as loud so i think im going to buy another Kenwood KAC-8103D and hook it up aswell as get 4 gauge wires. What do you guys think? OR should i get a brand new amp? And what kind would you reccomend with my type e subs?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2956
From Best buy? I would sugest RF, Alpine or Infinity, in that order. From else where? Whats your budget?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4993
Kenwood= not so good

Post Number: 10
My budget is around 250-300. And what type of RF should i get that would work well with my subs? I'm definatly going to take the kenwood back too.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2958
500-600 wrms at 2 ohms would be fine.

RF didnt have a good match.
This is close, about 50 wrms under, a little underpowering, but in budget.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7652444&type=product&id=1134701297 803

Next is a little over, 50 wrms over, but again it probly the way to go.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8288569&type=product&id=1172881563 715

Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us