Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1398
sure, dual 2's better than dual 4's.

Silver Member
Username: 20la20

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 169
well i have dual 4s. i have a planet audio vx900d and the rca inputs are breaking and my friend has a hifonics 1206d that is slightly used but in like new condition he will sell me for 100

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4981
why don't you use your planet audio for two subs and sell the other one

Silver Member

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 170
cuz the rca's are breaking on the pa and if i sold just one then i would have to get a different box and that wud suck. id rather get a 4th one that doing that crap

Silver Member

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 171
can anyone answer my original question??? can a hifonics 1206d properly run 3 4dvc kicker compvrs?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1399
it will run them, but at 2.67 ohms you're only going to get about 700w out of it so ~233 to each sub. They'll work fine, they just won't get as loud as they could.
You'd be better off just running a pair - at 1 ohm they'll get around 500w each.

Silver Member

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 172
ok im not goin to run only 2. thats out of the question. how much does my pa vx900d give them at 2.67 ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3528
It will be better running 2 for a total load of 1 ohm.

You can't get the power you need trying to run 3 of those subs on that amp. You pretty much need a different amp for that.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigbink

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 35
650x1 thats 195w per sub at 2ohm

Silver Member

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 173
so ill get more with the hifonics?

Bronze Member

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 38
a little more how did your vortex do on thse I never used that series I always go with the bigbang,tt,or pa series amps they are very strong I run 2 bigbang 1250.1 stapped together and they push almost any thing.

Silver Member

Franklin, TN U.S.

Post Number: 174
yeah it actually hits really hard. my friend is selling a hifonics 120d and the rcas are going out as im sure u already know so i just wnated to know if that amp will run them at least as good if not better than the pa. i like the vortex series. never had any problems. except the jerk who installed it incorrectly. and it runs loud but with backseat up i never hear it.

btw...where is the best place to mount an amp??? mine is currently mounted to the backseat and my old amp was mounted to the box but i didnt like either. i would like to buidl some sort of custom box for the subs and amp together but for now its cheapo. so whats the best place???

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5434
There really isn't a best place but if there was it would be somewhere safe,cool and not being vibrated like your girlfriend's latest toy.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3532
Back of the seat or pretty much anywhere else is better than on the sub box, unless you've got several layers of dynamat under it.

Bronze Member

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 48
I mount mine back of the seat or on the floor if your seats have the clearance using rubber bushing between the nounting surface and amp to dampen the vibration.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us