Kenwood KVT-819

Username: Kvt819

Hagerstown, Md US

Post Number: 1
I know this has been beat to death on here but i just bought a new Kenwood KVT-819 DVD Unit. Of course im trying to bypass the saftey feature. I know about grounding the brake wire but mine also has a 2 wire relay switch. I dont have video at all. I tried grounding the brake wire and it didnt give me video and those 2 relay wires are not hooked up either. Does anyone have this unit and could help me out a little in getting this fixed

Hagerstown, Md US

Post Number: 2
well ive contacted kenwood and they told me i didnt have to connect the relay harness. But i tried grounding that brake wire and i still get no video. I dont get video parked or moving. I need some suggestions

Username: Bballdimenic

Post Number: 1
Did you ever get ur DVD to play? I am looking for an overide or bypas code for my kvt 819?

Hagerstown, Md US

Post Number: 3
yes i did, It wasent the brake wire. It does need to be grounded though if you want to watch movies while driving. But there was a button on the unit itself, With out looking at mine i think it was the function button. its right under the screen on the right side of the unit. I pressed it with a movie playing and the video popped right up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us