All help appreciated

Username: Deadkat99

Post Number: 1
I have a jvc kd-sx9350 head unit in my 99 dakota small cab pickup. I have just purchased a set of Infinity kappa 5.1 perfects for it and I am wondering what kind of amp I should buy. also most reviews I have read about these speakers say I will probably want a sub and I am wondering if I need to purchase an amp with enough power for a small sub as well as the speakers. Im not a huge bass fan and I dont want to rattle the bed of my truck I just want a nice clean loud sound. also money is an object. but mostly I just wanna know what it will cost to get a nice sounding system in my truck. Another concern I have is whether or not ill even need to add extra power to my sub or if possibly my head unit could power a small one enough to keep up with the mid and high power I will get from the infinity kappas.
thanks
peas
nik

ps Only the head unit is installed im thinking of waiting on the speakers until I purchase my amp and possibly a sub.

pps ive only been reading up on car audio for a week so I dont know diddly squat and all help is appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3485
First of all, no you can't run a sub off an HU, you will want a class D amp for that.

And a 2 channel amp is what you need for the speakers.

I'll give you this link right now since your next question will probably be "what brands of amplifiers are good":

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/329117.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us