Strapping amplifiers?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2079
I have 2 PA a3000db's and a pair of FI Q 15 D1's.

The PA's are 2300rms at 1ohm and 1800rms at 2 ohm. If I wanted to strap these and run them to the Q's to get just a little bit more power to them, how would I do it? And of course I would set the gain accordingly.

Also I am thinking of getting 2 more Q 15's. Would I be able to strap the pair to 4 Q 15 D1's?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5374
I took a look around and didn't see anywhere on how to strap them amps.I even checked PA's website and came up with nothing.If you're going to strap two amps to those 2 subs wire in Series-parallel and that will give you 4600(?) watts at 2 ohms.You probably already knew that.I'll look into it a bit more.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5375
If I were you I'd probably just put 2 subs on each amp and forget about strapping them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2082
I'm just gonna keep them on the one amp for now. I dont wanna run each amp to its own sub cause I have the subs in a common chamber enclosure. And I wouldnt be able to set the amps exactly the same.

There are strapping instructions that came with the amps but they are not very clear. I will get a pic of it up on here later.

Thanks for the help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2083
Here is a link to see the instructions on strapping but. It only shows 1 way to do it. I'm not sure if there is other ways or if there is more to it.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g263/Naledge503/stappinginfo.jpg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us