Box for my amp????

Bronze Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 74
So i got an idea, i live in an area with a high crime rate and im thinking bout making a rectangualar box to fit my amp in (ZX750.1), it would have vents on the top, and side and a 12 volt fan blowing into the top, i would seal it up with screws and bolt it to the floor. This way making it take longer to steal. Good Idea or Stupidest thing uve evr heard>>

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12060
bolt a good heavy tool box to the floor. mount the amp in the tool box.
lock the box.
stealth nstall. route wires through the bottom of the box and nobody would ever guess its an amp box.

Bronze Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 89
Thats not a bad idea by GW, i would never have thought of that, i've been trying to think of ways to stop the thieves aswell. The best thing i could figure was to screw it into the seats and then put super glue on the pins so that you couldn't get a grip on it.

I took me quite a while to get the damn thing out when i changed cars. But if they ever came back for a second visit then you know your screwed.

you might also be thinking about securing the the sub. i drilled a little cross shaped hole into the side of the box put a chain through it and then, you know if you look at the sub side ways you got like the flaps or vents or wtever they're called, i put the chain round that and pad locked it all. i thought to myself they might come prepared and just take the sub out the box. the down side to that is the box is no longer air tight and although i can't hear it, the chain will be rattling. still sounds good though.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 308
I wonder if you built a box for the sub, had the sub screwed in to the first layer of mdf on the box, and then do a little router work so you can fit a second sheet over the whole front of the box including the mounting screws. Then the sub would really be built into the box. Also build the box inside the trunk so you cant get it out without destroying it. Might look kinda funny, but if you are that paranoid and serious, it might work.
just an idea

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3416
Depending on the size of the amp, you may be able to put it under the seat if your truck has a bench seat

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12374
hey thats a excellent idea from GW .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
its not about paranoia, this kind of thing really does happen. I mean on of my mates had like two amps screwed to his seat and the bass box bolted to the car body. he comes to his car one day and his amps are gone, his back shelf is gone and he has no sub, just a big a*s empty box. That was funny though, sad, but funny :-)

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 222
i dont blame u ppl a tear your car apart if u got goods,a guy i know here got a 3000 dollar memphis system jacked out his and he even had it bolted to the car

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12071
also, instead of super glue (CA) etc.. use security bolts.
you can get a special driver for them to install them, and 99% of the kids out there jacking systems won't have the proper tool to unbolt those things.
That way you can bolt the amps down, and nearly nobody will have the right tool to remove the bolts without drilling them out, which takes time, and makes a lot of noise.
same for the subs. security bolts to hold them in, and before putting the subs into the box, you can bolt the box to the floor of the vehicle, then caulk the bolts to weather seal them.

Username: Tsenfw

Post Number: 3
How are you guys bolting to the floor of your trunK? Are you going right through the truck pad/carpet? With it removed?

Just trying to figure out how without drilling into my gas tank lmao.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 550
aren't there a certain type of security screw you can use when mounting your sub to your box?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
I've never bolted my box down because i didn't want to put a pin where it shouldn't be.

Yet another great anti theft idea from GW, you are on fire dude. Would never have thought to buy those awkward bolts. I'm noticing that its all the simple things that are kinda hard to overcome

Username: Avaryj

Frisco, Tx U.S.

Post Number: 5
Just by a 44 automatic and wait in the living room for the alarm to go off and I don't think you'll have anymore problems.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 699
wel my car you cant get into my trunk unless u hav eteh key button to pop it or go inside glove box, and hwow could they if my car is locked? i alway lock it never once leav eit unlocked even if im just going into the store for 5 min.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
oh my days that reminds me, this one time i left my keys in the damn ignition and went off on a little mission. But this was like when i was in my first week of owning the car. i done some mad sprint back just to make sure the Corsa was still there, then i went back to the office i was in and joined the que from the back, again.

Since that day i always get paranoid about where my keys are or if i locked the doors and that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us