Rockford fosgate t5001bd

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 154
powerfull little amp rated at 500 rms @ 1 0hm,birth sheet says 969 watts rms @ 1 ohm,got it running at 2 ohms for now and 679 rms and kicks my mtx ta4501 rated at 500 rms in the butt,and it barely even had a voltage drop maybe .1 volts at the capacitor,u could probabyly run this thang at 1 ohm with a stock alternater if it was one above 100 amps,best part brand new 230 shipped

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 76
Chris Maybe your birth sheet was suppose to go to a t10001bd. That sounds really fishy to me.I would take it to my local repair shop and have them put it on an oscilloscope. Then you will know for sure. I have a t10001bd and it only puts out 1052 @ 1 ohm , of course thats on the oscilloscope. The birth sheet was within 3% of this number ( 1081 @ 1 ohm)

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6387
thats probably absolutly correct chris....rockfords power series amps can be grossly underrated....ive heard the t10001bd doing 1500+....they are great amps....and jamey, im surprised that your t10001bd only does 1052....

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3319
^^^^^ Agreed. I've seen many RF power series amps that do 500 watts more than they're rated for. That's probably at 14.4 volts though, so you won't actually get as quite that much.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2007
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/amp_power_output.asp

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 156
actuallly jamie ive seen plenty birth sheets for the t5001bd doing close to 1000 rms.u must have the compact version the black ones that have fans on them there 40% smaaller in size and dont dont get as good actuaal rms watts

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 78
Thats Amazing !! Then I definately need to pick one or six of these pocket rockets up. If I could drop in power class by half I would dominate the spl comps around here.

I just figured something else out, Mine is not the t series 1000.1bd mine is the original series like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgate-Power-1000BD-Car-Audio-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ3 20167028834QQihZ011QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Still a nice amp but nothing like the t series as far as power goes. So Chris where did you get that amp anyway?

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 167
well get u a new one.the one i got really sells for 500 bucks at most online & retail stores,but hey be smart like everybody else on here and buy it wholesale & with a warranty,got it 230 shipped brand new

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18424

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2686
These are KICK AZZ little amps.

Heres the cheapest I found.

http://www.millionbuy.com/roct5001bd.html

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18424

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12329
i know RF makes good stuff but i wonder if its such overrated so high for a 500wrms amp to do 900+ ? (maybe @ 14.4vs ?)...if thats possible then THATS fricking COOL !

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12330
just now noticed u (chris) r the guy who gave a review on http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18424

Gold Member

Post Number: 2699
I seen another birthsheet for the T5001bd that was 1000+RMS at 1ohm.

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 174
your point would be yes i left the review on it.they give u a dollar for every review on there well up to ten reviews

Gold Member

Post Number: 2702
chris stiles

What are you pushing with that RF T5001bd?I forgot

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 177
969 rms @ 1ohm

Gold Member

Post Number: 2704
What sub(s)?

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 178
right now i got it at 679 rms @ 2 ohms,got my american bass dx 12s on it at the moment

Gold Member

Post Number: 2705
Just wondering what does yours do at 4ohm.

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 191
421 @ 4 ohms,thats pretty good

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 193
421 @ 4 ohms,thats pretty good

Gold Member

Post Number: 2741
3 40amp fuses

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 244
yeah but if u dont got big fuses it aint gonna do anythang

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2091
Its called efficiency....

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 246
duh i kno this but there is no amp that is 100 % efficeient.so small fuse numbers=small watts

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 319
120a. Thats still alot for a so called 500wrms amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigbink

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 39
for me its hard to put a mtx ta series against a punch power now power vs 500w te thats even but I notice on a lot of punch amps the birth sheets are very overrated exspecialy on some models the t1000bd birth sheet is usally around 1050w to 1100w a 500w at over 900w does not make any sense why buy the 1000w at all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2779
All of the birthsheets I've seen for the T10001bd was 1400+ RMS at 1ohm.

Are you talking about the P1000.1bd?

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 247
g irv we are talking about the power series not the punch series,punch is there lower line

Gold Member

Post Number: 2783
There is nothing wrong with the RF Punch series amps but the RF Power series amps are all around better. Just thought I would say that.

Bronze Member

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 41
I still think some of those birth sheets are far fetched

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 254
i know but i like the power series thats there topline,and idk the fuse ratings is up there to do 1000 watts,they cant put fuses to big on it,cuz u couldnt protect the amp.but they are some clean soundning amps,i thank it will do the 969 rms @ 1ohm or more without a problem,& i duobt the ppl that test the amps would put there name on the birthsheet if they was lying abotu what it can do

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 255
and u notice a bunch of amps are rated at 1200 wats with 120 amps in fuses

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3533
GIrv, rockford = way better than MTX crap

RF power series amps kick major azz and usually do at least 500 watts more than rated power. The punch series are not the same quality but they do rated power.

MTX = very cheap components, but does rated power. It really becomes evident what using one of their full range amplifiers when SQ is actually noticeable.

Bronze Member

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 47
not saying the power series are not good what i was saying it would be better compared to the mtx te stuff than the lower class amps I use plenty of rockfor amps power series only

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 259
the mtx's dont have the best sq,but i give it to them they will hold up and do above rated power,but do need alot of amps off the alternater,rockford power series have very good sq.lol ppl a trip when u tell them the amp i got is rated at 500 when they here it,it will keep up with some amps rated at 1000 watts unless its underrated,the only thang i dont like about the mtx i got is it is rated at 500 watts but its not 1 ohm stable if it was it could keep up with the rockford amp i got

Gold Member

Post Number: 2804
chris stiles

Do you want to sell the MTX TA4501(how much) because I know someone looking for a amp if they didn't buy the Kicker ZX400.1 already.

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 260
naw and it would cost u more.get it wholesale,the reaason i say get it wholesale i payed more for it used.the msrp on that thang is 479.99..get it on this site for 180 bucks http://sonicelectronix.com/item_3821_--+CRAZY+DEAL--+--+MTX+Audio+TA4501+Thunder +4501.html#
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us