1050WRMS...HO alternator?

Bronze Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 52
Gots a kicker ZX750.1 and a ZX350.4 going into a 1994 toyota pickup (small truck) do u think i will need to upgrade to a HO alternator or is my alternator big enough, cause i really dont wanna get a HO 1

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1389
Looks like your stock alt is 60 or 70A, which really isn't much, even for a modest sized system like you're doing.

I ran about exactly the same power in my old Tbird with a 75A alt. It worked, but when I was running it hard it was pretty easy to see the side effects of an alt struggling. I'd say go ahead and install the system. If there are problems, just keep the volume down a bit until you can make an alt change.
I'd hit a toyota forum, see if there's an alt out of another car that fits. Sometimes you can find a substantial upgrade w/o spending much or doing a lot of work.
I found a 110A plug and play replacement for my '88 Tbird turbocoupe that came out of an '89 Supercoupe (which is an entirely different car). It was $60 at the JY. I just had to grind some material off the mounting bracket.

You might check out the Toyota section at 4x4wire.com

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3300
^^^^ Do what he said. Install the system and get the HO alternator if it needs it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us