Will this work???

Username: Brockola

Post Number: 1
Im getting eight 12" subs nd i am gonna get a 1500w sony xplod amp will power them all

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 672
lol have fun with that

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5093
Rofl...I wonder which of you guys this is.If it's serious...you'll have to wire them up properly for it to work.

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 674
hook your amp up to the battery then before you go and plug ur subs in the amp wire them all to the + and - on your battery

doing this breaks in the subs so it will be tons louder

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6231
jonathon....if you cant catch on to these guys sarcasm....dont buy sony car audio.....and what 8 12's are these? cause chances are they are bad as well if your looking at buying sony

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 649
first off how in the hell will a sony amp power 8 subs let alone one? 1500 watts is more like 100 rms. rms is true watts and i know this is fake but we do have newb on lookers that we have to worry about. so in general NO, 2.as was said don't buy sony.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 720
make another thread with your budget, the car it's going in, and the space you have to work with. Post it in the sub section.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12251
what vehicle will all these 8 12s be going in ????.....

Username: Brockola

Post Number: 4
1984 cutlass supreme in the truck

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 49
Jonathan you probably will not have the airspace for all those subs in the truck of that car. Take it from someone who has been in car audio longer than most of the people on this forum have been alive. You don't need 8 subwoofers for a system to go boom. The amp you are getting might( notice I said might) push a couple of subs but there is no way anything sony makes is gonna push 8 subs properly.

Judging by the age of your car you can't afford alot ( I might be wrong). If you listen to some of the guys in this forum. They can help you get a decent system for probably less than your paying for that sony stuff.

Username: Blackdouglas76

Post Number: 3
Sony is da Bomb yo!!! A real bomb. I don't know what you supposed pros are talking about, but I fired up 8 10" lightning audios with my Sony and Pyramid amps and put this dude with 2 RE 12" XXX series subs to shame. I have been rated at about 50 watts RMS total at competition. I send the big boys home crying ;) My motto is, if you can't buy it at Wally World, then it must not be good audio!

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 64
Well actually sony did make a decent series of amps way back when. It was their Mobile ES line .Heres a link to one I found on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SONY-XPLOD-Stereo-Power-Amplifier-Car-XM-7527_W0Q QitemZ180166132606QQihZ008QQcategoryZ38638QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The cool thing about those amps was the fact you could run them in either high current mode down to 0.5 ohms stereo ,1 ohm mono or High power like a normal class a/b amplifier with the flick of a switch. Of course both put out the same power when you got lowest ohm load that mode was rated for.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us