Should i get a Hifonics Bxi2006D or Soundstream pca2000d

Silver Member
Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 316
i cant decide witch one what do you guys think
Hifonics Bxi2006D
or
Soundstream pca2000d
and do you know of any good websites that i could order one of them amps at?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3228
Between those, i would get the Hifoncis but be aware they are overrated by 20%

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5061
"Between those, i would get the Hifoncis but be aware they are overrated by 20%"

20 percent...where did you get that info from M.S?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4925
Between those, i'd choose soundstream, 1875W rms at 1ohm tested :p

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3240
That is not an exact measurement but an estimate..... its common knowledge that Hifoncs Brutus amps do approximately 80% of the power they claim, in other words overrated by 20%.

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
i know some where, where i can pick up that Soundstream pca2000d for $550 no tax but you guys think the Hifonics is better?
i like the soundstream looking at the watts it looks better down to "1100 Watts x 1 Channel @ 4 Ohms" rather then "1 x 650-Watts RMS @ 4-Ohms"

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3241
Damn thats way too much for an amp like that. Look at the price of the hifonics on ebay.

Hell, I paid less than that for my American Bass VFL-200.1, and thats a 3000 watt amp with great quality.

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
so you guys don't think i should get the Soundstream?

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 57
I dont know if this is true or not but I heard Soundstream's new line of amps like that PCA2000 model that you mention, they are junk. They arent as good as built as compared to old school soundstream which was made in USA. I also heard from an audio installer that the Soundstream PCA3500 model burned up if you feed it less than 14 volts. The amp literally fried and they had to send it back for a new one. But im not sure if thats on all the PCA models. And for $550 you mite want to consider something else thats way better and cheaper.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12254
alot of companies there new stuff is not as good as long ago & yes SS is 1 of them

i do own that same 2000d SS amp & its master\slave switch is giving problems\became loose since my set is tuned for the lows & i have a feeling it shook up my amp internals even though amp is at least 16" away

the SS 3500d - well it was found out not long after it came out that its power supply wasnt good so they completely stopped producing that model

if i had to buy now i would try the Hif instead since their both around the same price & http://onlinecarstereo.com/ has good price with free s\h too .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
aight thanks guys im probably gonna get the Hifonics now

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 666
i got the 1606 d hifonics brutus and it was a bit of hit and miss to tune but i figured it out and it sounds real nice. get it at caraudio.com with free shipping and warrenty like i did real cheap u'll be satisfied enough.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us