Need help!!!!!

Username: Qx42nv

Post Number: 1
i have a kicker l7 running wit a rockford fosgate power 800a2 but everytime i turn up the music the fuses for the amp will blow....any reasons y this is happening?????

Post Number: 3
ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12870
how is it wired?? what r the specs on the amp??

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 423
thats a beautiful amp, i think it does 200 x 2 at 4 ohms, 400 x 2 at 2 ohms, 800 x 1 at 4 bridged, but them amps are beast in my books, my brother has the 500a2 it is an amp i realllllllly like

Post Number: 4
do you kno y i keep blowing my 60 amp fuse for the amp...could it be the sub is wired for 2ohms and the amp is wired bridged

Post Number: 5
ANYONE!!!! ive been waiting for 2 weeks for someone to give me some advice...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12290
is that size fuse the correct recommended fuse ? - go to RF & search for a manual for it ......

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 60
Daren if that 800a2 is wired mono @ 4 ohms you need at least an 80 amp fuse. A good rule of thumb is 10 amps for every 100 watts RMS. That amp is rated 800 watts RMS bridged at 4 ohms.

Also make sure your not running that amp bridged @ 2 ohms cause you just might burn it up as its not designed to handle a 2 ohm load bridged.

One more word of advice:
Wiring an amplifier to multiple speakers can be tricky. If They are not wired properly you can fry your amp or speakers or even burn your car to the ground (sounds like the voice of experience). Dont be afraid to take it to your local sound shop or a knowledgeable friend and ask for help. Most of the guys in the car audio world love to help with problematic systems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
"do you kno y i keep blowing my 60 amp fuse for the amp...could it be the sub is wired for 2ohms and the amp is wired bridged"

Yep thats the problem . That amp is made to be bridged with 4 ohm loads only

Post Number: 6
the sub is wired for 2ohms...so i think i gotta wire it for 4ohms correct???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Actually you will need to wire it for 8 ohms if its 4 ohm dvc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us