Earthquake amp question

Bronze Member
Username: Deserteagle50cal

Post Number: 33
Are the Earthquake amps any good? What about the PHD5000? Is it over rated or what? Can it produce 3000wrms at 2ohm like it says? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 37
Earthquake amps use to be excellent. I cant tell you now but, I do know they make a couple of different series and the PHD series is their best. So I am pretty sure it will be good.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4924
they're good

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1109
I have a PHD 10,000 for sale $550 shipped.

I think they are a tad over rated as I switched to an RD 5750.1 which is also 3,000 rms @ 2ohm and I gained 1.4db with the swap.

The D-10 is still a nice amp as and does damn close to what it says as I was running them both @ 1ohm and the D-10 says 2ohm only....plus you can strap a 2nd d-10 to get 6,000rms

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5044
"I think they are a tad over rated as I switched to an RD 5750.1 which is also 3,000 rms @ 2ohm and I gained 1.4db with the swap."

That's a big increase in DB from one 3000 watt amp to another.That RD amp is under-rated though and I bet by quite a bit.

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1113
Ok so the Earthquake does rated power and the RD is under-rated! The weird thing is the earthquake could NOT take in my 0awg wiring I had to trim the strands down quite a bit to get them to fit.

For the cost/power ratio the earthquake has been my best deal amp as it does (or damn close) to what it says. You just have to make sure you have proper charging and don't give it less than 12v at a 1ohm or lower rating or you can have a dead amp.

I also thought it was weird how it does 1krms @ 4ohm and 3k @ 2 ohm and 5750 @ 1ohm...
technically shouldn't it be 2k @ 2ohm if it does that rating at 4ohm and 4k @ 1ohm?

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1114
****I also thought it was weird how it does 1krms @ 4ohm and 3k @ 2 ohm and 5750 @ 1ohm...
technically shouldn't it be 2k @ 2ohm if it does that rating at 4ohm and 4k @ 1ohm?****

Talking about the RD amp here for power rating
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us