Oppinions on hifonics amps

Bronze Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 91
decided on a pair of Kicker 05CVR124 dual 4 ohms,400 rms each but will most likely hold more than 400 a piece.now i need opinions on which amp.the Hifonics TXi1008D or the
Hifonics BXi 1206D ,which line is of higher quality the brutus or titan,want somethang dependable that does what it says,i like the brutus 1200 rms @ 1 ohm,but i can get the titan for 50 dollars less 1000rms @1 ohm.i really thank 1000 rms is enough for a standard cab truck listening to it daily but itss not bad to have the extra power if u want it,oppinons would be nice,would be of higher quality of amps period but bank justa bout broke right now

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5213

Bronze Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 42
my opinion. start over. cvrs are budget subs, really not much more than that. theres no reason to save for your system and then purchase those.

1 Audioque SD 2.5 15" - $150 plus shipping
a zx400.1 refubished from hifisoundconnection - will put out 480wrms - $130 SHIPPED.

Get a box made to spec - $70-120.

Less than $400 system will be louder, better components.

BTW - Hifonics amps are overrated by 30% or so. i would def get the 1206 will put out 800wrms.

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 38
Chris Hifonics use to be some of the best in the world. Any brand maxxsonics now owns is crap. The same factories that make pyramid now make hifonics , crunch , and a couple of other once great brands. My suggestion to you is buy something that isn't made in china or some other 3rd world country.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4922
Hurricane, that won't be louder, but it will sound better, basically, i'd grab the titan cuz is cheaper and the might put the same watts, you only need 800w rms so leave 200w as a margin.

Budget setups aren't bad to start, you just get used to them after few months when you're getting deaf

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 104
nothing is made like it used to be,the only amp company at the top of my head that still makes in the us is us amps,ive thought about saving up for one

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12256
^^^^i dont think so since i heard their XT Series is now made in china ...budget line ....

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2667
http://www.millionbuy.com/roct5001bd.html

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2668
Way Underated^^^^^^^^^^

Silver Member

Tn Us

Post Number: 107
the merlin and and ax lines are made in the us,no unerrated there

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 165
I owned the Titan 1500D, It only cost me $192 shipped. It must have been a decent amp because I got 250 for it from some guy outside of Canaan's work place. ( Remember that - same day I bought that KX1200.1 ). So, yeah, I'd go w/ the Titan. ( I wish I didn't sell it though, I loved it for the 1 day I had it.... )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us