Lots of Amps to Choose from...Please Help

Bronze Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Post Number: 39
Ok, for the past week I been reading posts, looking on ebay, and everywhere else trying to find me a new amp. I dont have much, so i dont expect too much. I have 2 10" alpine type s, DVC 2 Ohm. So each sub is only 300 rms, looking for a 600rms amp max. Things Im looking at now to give you an idea of what I need, how much im paying, and all that...so here is my list thus far. *These are in no particular order*

-----
HIFONICS TXI-7506
HIFONICS ZXI-6006
AUTOTEK SS750.1
CRUNCH PZI-1000.1
JBL GTO601.1 II
ALPINE MRD-M605
KICKER ZX550.2
KICKER SX650.2 (Little more than I need, but IDK)

So rank those, tell me the best, do what you do. Or do you recommend another amp?

BTW, sorry about all the posts I have made in this area, (this is third one) but I'm really trying to find a good amp for around 175-225 shipped. And I dont have top-of-the-line subs, so I dont have to have a top-of-the-line amp.

THANKS

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 268
On this one go with a mono amp that will do at least 600wrms @ 2 ohms. Some of those amp you posted wont work, like the hifonics and jbl wont for sure. Dont know about the kickers but the alpine would work nicley. If you do happen to find a 2 ch. amp you like, make sure it will do around 300rms x2 @ 1 ohm, or 600 rms x1 @ 2 ohm. There are some guys on here that can probably hook you up so I wouldnt do anything yet.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2614
http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4078

The spec they have are wrong this is the right spec.

Rockford Fosgate Power Series T3002

50x2 at 4ohm stereo
100x2 at 2ohm stereo
150x2 at 1ohm stereo
300x1 at 2ohm bridged mono

Way underated ^^^^^^^^^^

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 276
Im with joey on the rockford. Do it!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 40
i would go with a refurbished kicker zx400.1 at hifisoundconnection. for $130 shipped you can get approx 470wrms @2 ohms. just throwing it out there, good budget option...theres nothing wrong with slightly underpowering budget subs.

alpine and kicker are def a step up from hifonics.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1992
zx750 so that way when you realize in a few months that alpine type-s's arent the best subs you can upgrade to better and not have to change amps

Bronze Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Post Number: 40
well i have had these subs for about 4 months now. I like them, and Im not planning to upgrade to something big that requires new wiring, battery, and alt. If anything, I would upgrade to 10 inch type r...but that would be a while, and those are 500rms each. But im not to concerned about that. I want something cheaper that will push these subs to make them loud and hard without damaging them.

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 479
get the alpine

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4913
well Derek, be smart, if i were you i'd get an amp that does 600w rms and more at 1 ohm, (1 ohm stable :p)

Such as ED nine 1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us