Which amp is better

Username: David1212

Post Number: 4
which is a better combo:
2 12" Kicker L7 Subwoofers
and Kicker 1200 watt Mono Block Amplifier
or
2 JL Audio 12 inch W3's
and the amp is an Alpine model number MRV-F407?http://www.cardomain.com/item/ALPMRVF407

I know they are diff sub types sq vs spl but i cant decide and want to know which amp is going to best power the subs.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4945
Well...due to my preference in SPL and the fact that I'm decently knowledgeable and responsible I would take the Kicker L7s but to a beginner(If you are) I would go with something with a bit better build quality and sound quality so for you I'd recommend the JL audio W3s,you'll be very pleased with the sound of those subs no doubt.

Post Number: 5
yea i am a beginner, its that easy to tell? lol i was thinking the W3s but i know absolutely nothing about amps (ohms, channels, RMS/Continuous power?) so I dont if that amp is suitable for the W3s

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 18
I would definatly buy the kicker set up. The alpine your looking at is only 40x4 rms. I would go with the L7's and the kicker amp. You might even think about the w3's and the kicker amp that would be a good set up too. You can always turn the gain down to lower the wattage output. It's better to have the power and not need it than need the power and not have it.

Username: Chevysitinsideways

West suffield, Connecticut Usa

Post Number: 5
ok hi, im going to give u the downlow on what is good and bad, L7s and L5s are junk there sound quality is horible but do create alot of bass but it doesnt sound good,JL is def. the way to go as far as subs but DO NOT LOOK AT WATTAGE LOOK FOR RMS wattage doesent mean anything, its RMS that counts the higher RMS the louder 500-600RMS is crazy loud,it shakes my firends cars tiers they look like subs the way they shake...plus ur car will fall apart if u want it too loud... lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6145
"500-600RMS is crazy loud,it shakes my firends cars tiers they look like subs the way they shake...plus ur car will fall apart if u want it too loud... lol"

500-600 isnt crazy loud....thats average....

just for kicks, whatts your budget for everything?

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 664
RMS is wattage btw. You're talking about max wattage vs. RMS wattage.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12846
rms wattage has little to do with how loud a setup will be...to many other variables to say this is louder then that...

I would go with the L7 setup(since i use to run them) I have used L7's in lots of setups, and honestly they can sound decent...nothing amazing but average yes...

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 162
The one you can't afford

Post Number: 7
i found the kicker setup for 1000 and the JL is just 300.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us