My system??

Bronze Member
Username: Jtinordi77

Post Number: 20
2 Kicker CompVR CVR154 15" 500W RMS Dual 4 Ohm VC Subwoofers

A1800DB Power Acoustik 1800W Class D Digital Car Amplifier

QPower Dual 15" Slot-Vented Enclosure

JVC KD-G120R AM/FM CD Player w/Remote Control KDG120R

Was wondering if this amp would power the subs to get maximum performence without blowing them.....will it hit hard???

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 240
nope. you will only be able to get 600rms aout f that amp with subs vc configuration. Look for an amp that will do 1000rms @ either 4 ohms or 1 ohm. How much are you wanting to spend? If your on a budget, look into hifonics amps. Great bang for your buck.

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 421
i have 2 kicker cvr 15's and they slam, i got them on a mbquartraa1000 so they're each gettin 500 watts ecah, and i have them in some prefab sealed box, i'm just waitin to get a custom one made

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
what is better 4ohms or 1ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
would this do the job for my 2 kicker 15's above
Hifonics BXi1206D 1200W RMS Mono Block Class D 1 Ohm Stable Amp

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 247
With ohms, its the way the subs wire up, and depending on how you have them wired will determine how much power you get out of your amp. If you found an amp that would put out 1200wrms @ 4 ohms, then it would work fine with your subs (coils wires series, subs parallel to amp). But that wont be necessary to look for an amp like that. so in this case you would need an amp that will put out 1200wrms @ 1 ohms (both subs and all coils wired parallel to amp).

Check out this link and mess around with the diagrams a little. It will help you understand it all a little better

http://rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

The bxi1206 will work, but hifonics amp are little overated so expect for about 1100rms about of that amp. Still a good amp though and will push those niceley.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us