VR3

Bronze Member
Username: Aj1218

Post Number: 61
Hey people I got a "1000 watt" Vr3 amp today for free. I have seen this brand at Walmart occasionally and wanted to know if it is worth installing. It has 5 channels but I am planning on powering one 12" sub with it. It has 3 30amp fuses in it which is making me wonder that this actually may be a good amp. Should I dump it or install it?

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 299
this amp sucks ........it will put out like 300 watts but it will overheat really fast and it wont last that long at all

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4788
If you have nothing else and you got it for free you might as well just use it for the time being until you're ready to upgrade.You could either use it or just sell it.

Bronze Member
Username: Aj1218

Post Number: 62
Since this is a class A amplifier I knew it was not going to last long. I think I will just install it to see how it performs and if it overheats from powering one sub. I can imagine how powering 4 speakers plus a sub with it would make it overheat, but I will just have to try it out and see

Username: Vivi2000

Post Number: 9
I have a VR3 mono amp, 150w rms and for being a cheap walmart brand it is pretty good. I havent had any problems with it either, and niether has my friend with his(who has had them close to a year).

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 647
well being class A just means it's on all the time and will be less efficient.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us