Help with amp and sub choices

BigMac
Unregistered guest
I have a Pioneer 7600mp head unit with a Pioneer premier component set in the front (35w r.m.s.) and the Infinity Refrence 3-way 6x9's in the back (100w r.m.s). I want to get an amp to power up the Infinity's, maybe the Pioneer's up front and a sub. I was thinking about getting one of theese set-ups:

JBL gto 1200b box sub - bass-reflex ported box and the GT4-12 sub (250 rms)
JBL gto 4000 amp 4ch (4x50w RMS)

Alpine MRP-F320 5ch amp (4x40w + 120w rms)

Kenwood KAC-8401 4 ch. (4x60w)

Clarion apx 401.4 4 ch (4x50w)

Theese are all in my price range - about 350-400 for the sub and amp.
Are theese good set-ups? If not any sugestions? Is 120w from the Alpine enough to power the 250w sub without clipping?

BigMac
Unregistered guest
Um.....can anybody help me please?!!! Glasswolf?

Anonymous

just pick up a couple Kicker CVRs. And a JBL600.1.
as far the component speakers just get a small 35x4 watt RMS amp. are just run them from the head unit. cause you are really going to want to hear your front speakers a little more then the back ones anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3213
JBL's GTO amps are good.
Kicker amps are good.

look at Kicker compVR subs

forget about kenwood for amps or speakers.

who
Unregistered guest
i have a directed 1100d mono d amp. thinking about what subs to get i have a couple choices in mind but not sure what to get. i looked at the diamond audio m6 today. i have also been looking at the solo barics and jl audio. i have also been told to look for image dynamics but dont no where to find them. any body have suggest.

Anonymous

who go with kicker or jl

BigMac
Unregistered guest
But with the sub being 250w rms, will the 120w sub channel from the alpine be enough or will the amp clip? Could I bridge the other two channels with the sub channel to get more power?

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 53
if you've got a sub thats 250w RMS then put 250w RMS into it from the amp, if you dont have your system properly balanced things are bound to blow

BigMac
Unregistered guest
So in other words, I'll need a seperate amp for the sub, and one for the four speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 19
i'd say yes, a mono amp for the sub and another for the speakers. i'd say a 35-50x4 rms 4channel amp for the speakers would be good. and glass is right, stay away from kenwood.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us