I need Amp advice!!!!

Username: Lito

Post Number: 1
So the story is i have 2 Kicker CVR 12's individually pushing a peak of 800 watts. and 1600 watts all together, i have Apline 6 1/2 door speakers with the tweeters and Infinity 6x9 back speakers. my questions is what type of Amp should i get a mono or a 2 channel, and how many watts should i get???

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4555
You should get a mono amp to run your subs and get yourself a decent 4 channel amp to run your speakers.

Post Number: 2
so wat ur sayin is to bridge the amp to the subs..sounds good...now i need a wattage to run it...and i have a head unit that has a built in amp not very strong but still runs decent...so wat wattage do u think i should run the subs on?

Post Number: 3
Yea sounds good...but wat wattage amp shoudl i get?

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 32
what ohm are the subs? dual2ohm dual4ohm? need to know that, if they are dual2ohm then the kicker zx750.1 would be a good choice.

Post Number: 4
There 4 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4573
Get an amp that is 2 ohm stable and puts out 800watts RMS @ 2 ohms and run the subs in parallel to get a 2 ohm load 4+4 in parallel would give you a 2 ohm load.Get any 4 channel amp rated @ 4 ohms for your speakers.

Post Number: 5
Any Amp brand and model in particular?

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 33
the zx750.1 is 750rms at 2 ohms, its underrated and would push those subs perfect.

Post Number: 6
Even if its 4 ohms?

Post Number: 7
I need an amp for 4 ohms not 2 the zx750.1 is for 2 ohms would it still work and how>?

Post Number: 8
Oh by the way...i have a ported box there in..

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 140
Are they in the kicker boxes that say 4 ohm final impendence on the terminals? Or does it say 4 ohms on the bottom of the sub by the magnet?

Post Number: 9
4 ohms on the bottem of the sub magnet...i bought my own box..so any suggestions

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1277
They would be D4's. You need an amp that does 800 rms @ 1 ohm :-) Can grab a RD 800.1 for $275 shipped. OR a Sundown SAE-1000D for $300 shipped.
Contact me for more info.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Post Number: 10
I was really looking at the Kicker ZX750.1 but im running 4 OHMS a sub and 1600 Watt Peak i wanna know how it would work tho

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6447
Don't use "Peak" power. It really doesn't mean much.
Are your subs 4ohm DVC or SVC? What are their power limits? If they're 800w rms each, then you'll need 1600w rms amp. If they're only 400w rms, then the kicker amp should work.
You don't "bridge" the amp with your subs. It's a mono, so you really are "bridging" the subs instead.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1297
If they are 4 ohms, they are Dual 4 ohm subs. Wire subs in parallel and you will get a 1 ohm load. The amps I mentioned above would be perfecto for you :-) Question is, are you wanting to amp your door speakers too?

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us