GLASSWOLF i need your help!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Capulina6

Post Number: 20
i was having a bit of a problem with my amp.
first of all i have 2 amps, a monblock for bass and a 4channel for the doors, i am barely hooking up the 4 channel amp but noticed that when i powered it on, to make sure all the wiring is ok, a little red light that says clipping came on for the front channels. There is two lights- one for the front and one for the rear but only the front one comes on. I dont have the speakers hooked up yet as i was barely gonna run the wiring to the doors when i ran into this problem, could this be an internal problem??? Also when i unplugged the front RCA input, it pulled out the gold contact form the amp, i put it back but it is noticeable, could this have caused the problem if so can this be fixed???oh yeah and also i checked all the channels one at a time with a speaker and they all work fine, should i ignore the problem or get it checked out, also if anyone could explain what clipping is and what it does to the amp, that would be great

Bronze Member
Username: Munkyjojo

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 17
An amp clips when you arent supplying enough power to it. Sounds like you need a new alternator to me. Btw clipping will damage the amp and/or subs.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3166
clipping indicator can also be tripped by the gains being too high.
if the RCA connector fell off of the amp, you really need to get that fixed.
what kind of amp is this, anyway?

Bronze Member
Username: Capulina6

Post Number: 21
the amp is a 4chanel CONCEPT CC-504, the indicator light still goes off even when the gains are all the way down, i put the RCA connector back it had just slipped out but i got it back in there. Im gonna hook it back up again but this time ill try this amp only since i only got this problem when i hooked both of them up at the same time. I had previosly tried just this one and it worked fine, thnaks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3178
sounds like the amp is falling apart.
that's Concept for ya I guess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us