Kicker Refurb?

Username: Peder25

Post Number: 6
Is it worth buying a brand new kicker amp (ZX1000.1) for 50 more $$ then buying a refurbished one? can you get away with buying refurbished?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2541
Always buy new.

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 30
x2^^ yeah especially if its just $50 more for new

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 501
i bought a kicker kx250.2 for 100 bucks and it was refurbished and ive never had a problem with it. its only for my comps tho.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1558
thats nonsense ...

refurbs are NORMALLY just as good as a new ... especially kicker ... they are well known for good refurbed products

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 506
X 1000^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Username: Peder25

Post Number: 7
what about "B" stock?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 513
b-stock are just the display models. ive never bought one of those but im sure they would be fine

Silver Member
Username: Hondarider

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 241
I'd go for the refurb and save a little money. I was a little nervous about it too but i found a refurbed kicker sx500.2 for $120 and i couldn't stand to look at that and not buy it.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4387
"Always buy new."

That's a retarded thing to say in reference to the original post IMO.There is nothing wrong with buying a Kicker refurb.It will even come with warranty...what's wrong with getting a refurb?Nothing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2554
Rob

There is nothing retarded about what I said above. Oh yeah some of the stores that carry amps DO NOT send them back to the manufacture. They send them to amp repair place.

Would you pay $50 for 30-90 days warranty?

or

Would you pay $50 for one year warranty?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4398
I wouldn't pay anything for a warranty.I've bought a Kicker refurb from Hifisoundconnection and that comes with warranty that is honored by Kicker.Matter of fact...you don't even have to talk to Hifisoundconnection about a warranty issue,you cut out the middle man and Kicker handles it directly.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6443
It really depends on who does the repairs.
For $50 difference, get the new amp. Like all electronic components, it has life cycle. Nothing lasts forever.
Let's say, some idiot blew the amp by overloading it. A repair shop might only fix the damaged parts in the amp. Although it'll appear everything's in good working order, under a full load for a prolonged usage, could reveal new problems else where.
This is why some amps go back for more repairs, not related to the 1st problem.
Therefore, in general, if the price difference isn't greater than 40% - 50%, go for new.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2555
Thank you Isaac.

Rob
He said $50 more for the new amp thats my point.^^^^^^^^^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us