Need help picking out a 4 channel amp!!!

Username: 07ramjam

Post Number: 2
Im semi-new to the whole car audio thing and Im still learning so I have some questions about brands.

First off Im looking to power my Polk DB series speakers(2 6x9 and 2 6.5).Heres what Im looking at so far:

Memphis PR series 50x4(I like this one alot but its a little more than I have) 280.00

Powerbass 600.4 100x4 The guy at the store raved about this one 199.00

TMA(supposedly made by JL) I dont remember the model or specs but its was 160.00 It looked really decent

MTX TC 4004 50x4 169.00 open box at Circuit City

MTX 704x 70x4 219.00 also OB at Circuit City

Hifoncs ZXI 4406 55x4 199.00

Sorry for the long post but can someone help me sort out these models and let me know which might be better suited for my application.

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 21
what about a RF for 179
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17097

or this kicker
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16883

either of those are in the price range and are very good amps for your speakers

Post Number: 3
Well first off Im not really interested in buying online.My local car audio shop has a bunch of cool guys and I try to support them.They've always been very helpful to me.Second,Im not a big fan of either of those brands.No offense to anyone who has them,Im just trying to decide on one of the ones I have listed.

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 22
well if the guy at the store raved about that powerbass, then go for it. i wouldnt choose the hifonics unless your on a tight budget.

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 23
i just looked at those speakers...are those 6.5's coax or components? because the coax's can only handle 60 watts rms...

Post Number: 4
Yeah they are just the coax's ones.Id like to upgrade to some nice components in the future.

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 28
components are very nice to have. ive got a set in my car and they make a world of difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us