Crunch

Bronze Member
Username: Aj1218

Post Number: 58
Hey everyone I got this crunch v-4004 drive series amp for free a while back and wanted to know if it is any good. Its a 4 channel 400wRMS amp. Is it worth installing or will it make my speakers sound like crap?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9519
Free is always a good price but don't expect it to push what it's rated for. Underpowering any speaker prompts the inexperienced to set the gains wrong, which clips your speakers. You read it all the time that you can't damage your speaks by underpowering them. Those are ppl who have never been married to a woman who ignores her oil light on her dash because she thought it would brighter when it was really important.

Bronze Member
Username: Aj1218

Post Number: 59
Hahah that happened to my girlfriend a while back. It was a mess she almost wore the engine of MY car. But anyways thanks Paul. I guess to be on the safe side I shouldnt expect more than 250RMS out of it. I'll be sure to set the gains low too because I know its an old amp. Im not looking to get the most out of this amp just enough to power my components. But thanks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us