Please help

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 109
Hi, folks! So, I decided to renew my setup due to some overheating, and the results are Lanzar's AS 6.1 components at front and Alpine SPR 694a type R at rear (components), feeded by a Flex 356 from Alpine (it has now 6 x 12-volt fans to cool it).
Now comes the doubts: The speakers that were overheating the amp are Proaudio 4 way 350W each (I know, nobody knows it), and I'm building 2 corner boxes to use them as subs, but should I use the sub channel on the alpine to feed them (Parallel or series?), or should I instead use a (available for now) 400W 2-bridgeable channels Futura FA-1051 amp to feed the proaudio (series or parallel wiring?)? Also, I followed GlassWolf's advice and am changing the 90amps alternator to a 120 amps one.
Thanks in Advance!

blooo
Unregistered guest
you have 4 way speakers that you want to use as subs? .... are you some sort of €unt joao or whatever the F"ck your name is? sort yourself out geezer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
So?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3093
deciding on the amp will depend on the load from the subs, and how much they can take

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
But do you know this Futura amp? It's 2-channel bridgeable 400W 2ohm stable, but should I use it or use the sub channel on the alpine, for the sake of sound quality? I'm more and more convinced that the over heating was the bad crimpings on the carshelf plug. The alpines sound great, but not as strong as the proaudio.
To my sorrow, I haven't been able to come here as often as I'de like due to works in the car.
Thanks for all your support!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3153
haven't dealt with Futura, but sounds like that'll work fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
And since it's meant to feed the subs, the alpine will be free for the speakers... yep you're right again, TKS M8
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us