Wiring 3 DVCs

Username: Crasslogic

Post Number: 7
Greets all.
How would go about wiring 3 DVC woofers to 2 mono block amps for even power distribution?

I'd come up with this;
suppose we call the sets of pos and neg terminals on a dvc sub "set 1" and "set 2". Could I bridge "set 1" on all three subs to one amp (in other words, run the positive and negative lines out the amp and twist them together, then screw them down to their respective terminals) and as such, run "set 2" on all three to the other amp?

I'm used to just svc so i'm not sure what to do. Plus, I can't find a woofer wiring guide online that covers the use of two amps. There has to be a way to wire 3 dvc's to 2 mono amps though. But I don't want to cross any phases and blow sh*t up ya know :-)
Thanks for your info all. Happy boomin'
--Q

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1604
Here are a couple of wiring guides. Also, just curious, what is the impedence of your subs?

http://the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

http://www.crutchfield.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.ht ml

Post Number: 9
Common. 4ohm+4ohm.

Post Number: 10
You know, the problem i've come across with these wiring guides, amongst the others i've found, is that they only cover wiring subs to one amp; whereas i'm trying to wire 3 DVC's to two amps. }

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10333
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=3&woofer_imp=4

Gold Member

Post Number: 1605
I just realized that you were asking about hooking up to 2 amps. What amps do you have?

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10335
I didnt notice that either, what amps are you running?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1606
You're running ALL Rockwood?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Yes. Head unit, speakers, subs, amps, and capacitor.
Rockwood was the first car audio equipment I ever heard when I was little; my cousin was running that stuff. I've been a loyalist over the years and have been mega satisifed; just have to avoid the lower end Rockwood, the $20 subs lol. I was running 4 of the XR4512's.

Anyway, Most people rag on American Hifi products, and I rather like them myself, well,,,,the better stuff anyway; that which does not have refrigerator magnets for speakers :-)

Onward, I met a guy once at one of our car audio shops who has this Volfenhag equipment running. He had 4 12's backed by two amps. They sounded amazing. I've been considering putting 3 of the red 15's in the back of my Explorer. I want 15's instead of 12's, and I don't have enough space for 4, so 3 is the most I can squeeze in. I've known people over the years to have odd numbers of subs running, and i'm a fan of matched components. I don't know if just one of Volf amps would be enough to run all three of these DVC subs, so I was trying to find a way to use two mono amps, and divy the power equally amongst the three subs.

Sorry for the mile long story, but I really want to find a way to do this with two amps. I'd hate to wire two subs to one amp and one to another. Seems chintzy.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1385
If the amps are strappable you probably have some options, otherwise I don't know of a way to safely wire 2 amps/3 subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us