Amp is HOT!!!

Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 10
i have a crossfire vr354. its a 4 channel that i have bridged to a set of infinity ref. components that are 90 rms. the amp is feeding them 140. i have the gains set real low but my amp is hot as SH!T. i need some help with this

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10262
2 speakers? 4 ohm speakers? left front/rear together and right front/rear together?

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 12
2 speakers...4 ohms...what do u mean front/rear together? should it be on just 1 bridged channel or each speaker on a different channel?

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10264
you bridge a 4 chan amp so that it is 2 channels. you take the right front positive and the right rear positive and put them together and the same with the negatives then the same with the left side you take the left front pos and the left rear pos and splice them together and then the same with the negatives then you have 2 channels not 4. is this the way you did it?

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 13
i dont have rear speakers anymore, so its just the fronts..

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10268
I know you said you bridged the amp. did you bridge it like I said above?

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 14
yes. front left speaker is pos wire to pos terminal/neg wire to neg terminal on 1st channel and then the same for the front right speaker on the 2nd channel

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10270
so you are not using the 2 rear channels? sounds like the amp is faulty.

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 15
no im using the front and rear channels. front channel for left speaker and rear channel for right speaker

Bronze Member

TX

Post Number: 16
well i went to a local shop today and they told me that my amp doesnt like being bridged... i also went so i could see if he would build me a box for the SI BMs im getting from Low-Hz and he said that i should just get a JL 15" W1 and an amp from him for $500....i said "HELLLLL NO"

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10325
lolololol good call lolol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us