Bass cuts in and out

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 849
i have a kx2500.1 and 2 fi q's in my car for about a month...all of a sudden my bass cuts out today and then comes back on and my amp goes into protect mode. it seems to only happen when the music is up and the subs are pounding really hard. it sometimes cuts out for like a minute or so and then comes back on pounding again. i checked all my grounds and cant find what the problem is. it seems really wierd that it started happenin for the first time in a month.

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 60
Usually not getting enough power could be ground or positive connection, or its getting too hot maybe.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1008
phillp you do have the big 3 right?

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1634
the terminal leads could be burning out in your sub due to the amp drawing more current than the alternator can provide causing a clipped signal to be sent to your subs.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 850
what can i do??

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 64
Check the voltage at the amp, get it pounding and check it again. Is the amp hot? Did the weather get hotter there lately? Or is it in a cool spot. Are you running recommended ohm load for it and not less?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 851
yea im running a 2ohm load and no the weather didnt change but i havent checked to see if it is hot

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4259
Do you have a high output alternator?If you do,check your grounds for corrosion and resistance.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 852
yea 200 amp alt...oh well i think im gettin a new car in a few months so maybe i will just take everything out. thanks for all your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us