What Kinetik battery should i get?

Username: Hambone907

Post Number: 7
Ive heard that kinetik batteries are very good, so i looked into them. Theres 600,800,1000,1200,1600,2000,2400 amps etc. I am planning on having 1000RMS or 2000 overall, so i was thinking on getting the 2000 model, but should i get something bigger or different?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4223
Get the biggest one that will fit into the location you're putting it in.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
So i have to put it under the hood, or could i just get a seperate battery and just put that in the trunk to feed the system

Gold Member

Post Number: 4255
You don't have to put your battery under the hood but it's an option.You could also place it in the trunk but you would need to either run a large wire from the alt to the back or from the batt under the hood.Do you have an upgraded alternator?I recommend that you get one if you're going to run 2,000 watts RMS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Im only going to be running 1000 rms, so would i still need to get a new alternator, and if so where would i get one

Gold Member

Post Number: 4287
Well,you need to find out how many amps your current alternator is before you think about upgrading.If your lights are or were dimming with a system then it's time for a new alternator,if your voltage drops while using a system you need a new alternator.There are lots of ways of figure out if you need an alternator.Most people are fine running a 1000 watt RMS system off of their stock alternators but it's not written in stone.There's a chance you will need to upgrade but you may be able to get by with what you have now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us