Thunderstorm accident

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1629
A few nights ago I was driving down the road to go pick up a buddy to go lifting when a lightining bolt struck the ground within a few feet of my vehicle. My stereo kicked off within a second and would not come back on for a few seconds. When I was finally able to turn it back on I noticed that when I would turn up the volume that with each bass kick the system would nearely die out again. I have two amps, one for the mids and highs while the other is for the sub. I finally had time to go through all of the wiring and the fuse by the batterey had completely melted along with the fuse box and the power wire about 6 inches from each end had been nearly burn't to a crisp. Anyone else have this happen?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1522
"Anyone else have this happen?"

LOL...of course....

Thats crazy. Did it hit when you were driving or parked?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9182
Happens to me like 3 times a week lol.

Seriously, that is a story for the grand kids.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 5158
Dam man.

pix?

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 410
damn man, i live in sandusky, don't you live in like oak harbor or clyde, i would ask you what night it was but i was prolly at work in the kitchen so i woudln't of noticed it, but damn that is crazy

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 1630
yea i live in oak harbor. i was driving down 19 headed to the bowling alley. it was during that last big storm that we had. yea i was driving during it with the stereo about half way up listening to godsmacks song vampires.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 1631
i took the pic off of my phone. so the wire was more like 3 inches burned on each side. you can see how the base of the fuse is literaly melted within the holder. the glass on the fuse seemed to be melted as well. funny how the metal inside the fuse is not discolored at all. Lightening is weird

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1539
daaaannnngggg!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Summerville, SC

Post Number: 293
Wow!

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 114
GEEZE!!! Your suppose to tighten down the screws for the wire in the block, NOT melt them to it in the microwave...

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 456
holy fu(k. that sucks man.lol. if it makes u feel any better i ran over a fu(king bolt and if i take it out my back left tires gunna deflate. i have to replace it before it pops out. that sh!ts gunna cost me like over 50 bucks i bet

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 1635
that happend to my mom once. Yea tonight I will do a temporary fix until I recieve my next check so that I can at least have some bass.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5835
that sh1t is wild dude....

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 512
plug your tire retard lol

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 657
ya lets leave that bolt.... I hope u were kidding

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 467
how about ummmm.....yes lets leave the bolt in. if i take it out then the air comes out dumbfucks.lol im getting it fixed tom.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3319
Funny thing is a car is so well insulated, nearly impossible for a lightning bolt to affect it. Matter of fact it was proven on the discovery channel some time ago with a vandegraph geberator producing millions of volts and with a passenger. i think something else happened and it was just a coincidence. Polo..

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 1636
i agree with that but a stereo draws a lot of current. Could just be a coincidence. Crazy stuff like this happens to me all the time and I'm not sure why.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us