Tell Me Teh Best Hedunit!!!!! I got liek $250!!!

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 557
Ok...but seriously, let me get some opinions.

OK, I want to know the best head unit for my price range.

I have a 15" ssd, on a 1000 watt amp (undecided on what new one to get.)

I would like to get a Pioneer, because that is my previous 2, and I would prefer not to rewire everything, but I think the only reason they both fit was because they were low end. So if they all wire the same its a plus, and if they don't i guess it really doesn't matter what brand i get, but i know pioneer is usually favored with people with systems.

Component's are stock, but I def want to upgrade once i make some more cash.

Let me know what you guys think, I don't want to spend over like $ 250 shipped, be it Ebay or a car audio online store.
Thanks for helpin.
KO

Bronze Member
Username: Jpio24

Schaumburg, IL

Post Number: 62
Make sure its got atleast 50w x 4. After that you need to decide if you want to hook up ipod or have aux jack, etc.

If not, go w/ pioneer. If you got the cash for alpine do that, but usually need an amp for theirs headunits. Im rockin' panasonic and for the price and options it comes with (5v preouts, high output per channel, decent radio signal and s/n ratio, and rear AUX jack in most) you cant beat the price.

Check out crutchfield.com they give you all the wiring, harnesses, antennas for free w/ free shipping.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2412
Stores to look at.

www.sonicelectronix.com/
www.millionbuy.com/
www.onlinecarstereo.com/

Look at these brands.

Alpine
Premier Pioneer
Kenwood Excelon
Panasonic MXE
JVC Arsenal
Clarion
Eclipse

I hope this helps you out.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3175
Alpine
JVC Arsenal
Clarion
Eclipse

^^^^^ Based on my experience I would only buy those brands. They're the ones I hardly ever see any problems with.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4841
if i were you i'd follow M.S's list, but seriously i strongly recommend pioneer and eclipse, and from pio you can get one of the highest models of the line, pretty cool.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3183
I've seen way too many problems with Pioneer's newer stuff to recommend them. I can't even count how many cars have been brought to me with alternator noise, and it's always a Pioneer HU. Usually it's the RCA ground, but sometimes not. It's weird, those things just seem to have a lot of noise problems.

I think there must be a design flaw in them, I hope they get it worked out for future models. They used to make good stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us