What box should i get?

Bronze Member
Username: Slicknick

Grove, Oklahoma U.S.

Post Number: 15
i'm planning on getting 2 alpine type r's, i listen to mosly rap/rock and want to know what would be the best box to put these subs in

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 298
If you mean out of sealed and ported, i'd say go ported.

Bronze Member
Username: Thed42

Post Number: 69
I'd say sealed.

Bronze Member
Username: Slicknick

Grove, Oklahoma U.S.

Post Number: 16
ok, why sealed?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3150
Ported. Sealed is almost never the best choice for subs........

If you want more SQ and/or deeper bass tune the box lower. For more loudness, tune it higher.

Username: Hhs_kid

Post Number: 9
In my experience, a ported box will be only a little bit more louder than a sealed box but will deff. put out a lot more deep bass which most people want. I have two Kicker 12" CVRs in a sealed box with 1.5 ft^3 per chamber and it hits really hard and takes your breath away. Don't get me wrong, I have really good deep bass but my friend who has the exact subs in a ported box with the same power going to them will play lots lower than mine but on a db meter the difference is only like 3-5 db. Crucial for comps but not really noticable for daily driving. Ported boxes need to be built perfect too and are bigger than sealed. If you want to get as loud as possible for those subs, get ported if you can. That will squeeze every db out of them and will make you say "Damn, I can't breathe!" Should anyways with correct power going to them. I should add that I only have a sealed box because one of my friends gave it to me and why not use something that's free?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3525
Ported with play as low as you want, as will be louder. All depends how you tune it.

And 3-5 db is very noticeable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us