Can someone give me the proper amp adjustments Audiobahn A2800E

Bronze Member
Username: Mrwebb

Post Number: 92
I have an Audiobahn A2800E amp pushing to Audiobahn AW150T Subs in a ported box and cannot figure out where to set the gains. if anyone is familiar or can help, i would appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 112
ok try this unplug your speaker wire from the amp and probe the place you put the speaker wire with a voltage rider and set your gain to were it matches your radio's out put

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
ARE YOU FAMILIAR HOW THE SUBS SHOULD BE HOOKED UP AT THE SPEAKER TERMINALS? THE SPEAKER TERMINALS HAVE TWO SETS OF TERMINALS ON IT,BUT I ONLY HAVE THE WIRES RUNNING TO ONE SET OF TERMINASLS...

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1458
Your subs are dual 4 ohm. So you need to wire them to either a 1 ohm load bridged or 4 ohm load bridged. Your amp is only 2 ohm stable so you will have to wire them to a 4 ohm load unless you want to chance it and wire it down to 1 ohm (not recommended). These are your options in wiring. (either 1 ohm or 4 ohm)
You have a 2 channel amp so it should say right on the amp which 2 terminal to connect for bridging.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
thanks for the info and link jesse d... 2 last questions for you...in the 4ohm diagram, by me me connecting a positive terminal to the negative terminal on the sub..it will not cause a shortage or spark, I have never seen that type of connection before 2. by looking up the amp I listed that I have, can you estimate how many watts the amp will be feeding the subs if I follow the 4ohm diagram?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1460
yes, the way that diagram shows is perfectly acceptable. And for a 4 ohm load, according to your amp specs, each sub will see 200 watts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
SO THERE IS NO SAFE WAY FOR ME TO PUSH MORE WATTS OR IS IT JUST MY FAULT IN GETTING THAT TYPE OF AMP? DO I JUST PICK WHICHEVER TERMINAL I CHOOSE TO RUN THE NEGATIVE TO THE POSITIVE ON WACH SUB? BECAUSE ON THESE SUBS THE NEAGTIVES ARE GROUPED BESIDE EACH OTHER AND THE POSITIVES ARE GROUPPED BESIDE EACH OTHER. -- ++

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
WHATS THE CHANCES OF I WILL BE TAKING WITH A 1 OHM LOAD?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3127
Do not run that amp at 1 ohm, you will blow it.

Here is how to get the gain:

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

That is the only way to do it correctly, don't listen to noobs who will try to tell you otherwise.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
so how do i know what my current wattage is to each sub just by running off 1 set of terminals on the sub straight to each terminal on the amp non-bridged . the amp is saying if i bridge it at 4ohms the subs will be getting 200watts X 2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
so by me running the 4 ohm setup, my subs are only receiving 200 watts total which is 400 watts short of their max...it also says if i run it at a 4 ohm mono i can get 560 watts to these subs.. is this a smart choice and if so is there a diagram?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us