Possibility of a new line of amps

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 41
Have a few questions for you guys

I am looking into the possibility of having a new line of amps made. They would be zenon built amps (same manufacturer as sundown, incriminator audio, and quite a few more!) The power levels i would be looking at to start with are possibly a 1500 watt, 2200 watt, and a smaller 4 channel (around 50-75 x4 amp)

What kinda prices would YOU be willing to pay for these? (serious answers only, please)

What kind of features would you want to see?

any other suggestions you would like to offer, i am more than willing to hear them!

thanks guys,
Chad Wilkins

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 140
I guess I'd like to see adjustable input sensitivity, phase, low pass, and subsonic filters- that would be pretty much standard I'd guess. I'd like to see it rated rms at 12, 14, and 16v and at what frequency, so people know what to expect with their charging system. (This is assuming the amps are good for 16v, if not ignore that). Making them linkable would be a great feature for those needing more power, and would prevent you from having to make larger amps (for a while anyway).

The 4 channel amp should have input sensitivity, highpass, lowpass- again just the standard stuff. Good crossovers Bridgable channels wouldn't be bad. The biggest thing to me would be if you would have honest, no bs rms ratings at different voltages and ohm loads listed.

Master/slave ability is a great feature for those with multiple amp setups as well.

Make sure it's styling also allows for good cooling, nobody likes an amp to overheat.
Oversized terminals is nice, so you don't have to reduce wire size.
Good customer service is #1.

That's just my thoughts, I think the absolute hugest selling feature to me is being able to talk to the man behind the scenes. Keeping good comunication with the public, and staying up front and honest will build a great reputation far more than a 100000 watt amp that's cromed out and impractical :P

Price wise somewhere around 350-450msrp on the smaller sub amp, maybe 600-700msrp on the 2200. More or less depending on the quality, that's just a ballpark price. I'd really want to pay less than that, that's just the msrp I would expect. Probably 250-400 on the 4-channel, again options, crossovers, real world power output and general quality would determine what it would be worth to me.

Like I said, as long as it's a good sturdy product good customer service will do much better for you than flashy crap or useless features. That's my thoughts, and I wish you the best of luck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
thanks for the input.. i fully intend to have top notch customer service! i am available at all times, so shouldn't be a problem

the heatsink design isn't fully decided yet, but it will have adequate cooling

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 144
awesome, strappable?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
If needed...

Bronze Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 84
what kind of setup you running now chad and wat vehicle

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1337
1500 - 450
2200 - 600
4 channel - 300

Bronze Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 85
quick question you from iowa chad there use to be someone a friend of mine knew that lived here and had a load a-$$ stereo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Justin- right now i run 2 rockford t30001bd's, a rockford t8004, pioneer avic n1, 2 18" tc5200's, rainbow comps, svr batts, and an assload of knu wire, and second skin. in a 2003 lincoln navigator.

and yes- i used to live in carroll, iowa. who is your friend?

Bronze Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 86
thats weird i was in ur buick when you had the setup in there its jason berkes and kevin meiners

Bronze Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 87
thats weird i was in ur buick when you had the system in there ohh and its jason berkes and kevin meiners

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
ahh yeah- white park ave ultra with 18's.. had 2 12" re audio hc's, off of 2 better audio amps.. i also had a jeep and a tahoe with 2 18" mt's....yep too bad kevin is in prison now

Bronze Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 88
ya that was a pretty bad a-ss car wish i could hear your new setup sounds pretty loud you know how loud you get
i just got myself 2 12" RD audio classics and one of there 800.1 amps couldnt pass up the deal
so when ya thinking bout getting the new line made id be happy to test it
ya to bad

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Justin.. probably be a month or 2. BTW- what kinda car do you have now? what kinda electrical? i will be looking for a few people to test these out...

Bronze Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 89
i have a 1995 monte carlo stock now with 105 amp alt but i wanna get a high output and im gunna do big three with either 1/0 gauge wire or 4 gauge not sure depends. that would be sweet to test them out.wat you think

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Justin.. when i get them in (it is a go for sure now) i will drive down there to let you test it, after a few others hae a chance with it..

could i get some other opinions?

Bronze Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 90
sounds good.
ya will you be making just the 1500 and 2200 or will there be a 1000 wats it gunna look like

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
im not going to show pics of the amps just yet, but they will be flushmount, and black in color And as far as 1000 watts, to start with, no. actually, I will only be releasing the 2200 watt to start with.

for those interested- it will be rated at 14.4 volts, 2200 x1 @ 1 ohm, strappable.

again- i ask for others opinions
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us