Distribution blocks....a bit of help plz

Bronze Member
Username: Doofdoof

Australia

Post Number: 61
Hey, How do you hook these up properly is one side for the power and the other for the ground??..and then wat??...HELP!!!...and this is the one im lookin at....http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Stinger-S2488IE-Distribution-Block-2-Inputs-8-Outputs_W0Q QitemZ180137382083QQihZ008QQcategoryZ102568QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2537
They're mainly used for multiple amp setups. For example: you wanna run one power wire from the battery to your trunk then use a distrubition block to split that one power wire into 2,3,4,ect. wires to go to however many amps you have.

I'm not positive on this, but I'm pretty sure that a distribution block can be used for ONLY power or ONLY ground unless other wise noted, not together. The one you are looking at seems like it has 2 inputs for 2 wires (ground OR power) to hook up to 8 different amps..

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 62
Yea thats wat i wanna do...hook up another amp from my first one...and yea wanted to know how to go about it with the use of the distribution block...

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 33
Like he said you usually hook your large 12+ cable from the battery to the block near amps, then run off it to your multiple amps. That short connecting wire can be smaller gauge...you need larger size the longer distance you go (like battery to trunk). Then you usually ground each amp to the car with a short wire. Then ground your battery to the body good as the factory wire may be too small. Some run a ground back to battery too and do other stuff.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 63
Thanks guys....but what about the remote wire??...does it need to be used on the second amp??

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2643
Yes, just run the remote from the firsts amps rem to the second amps rem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Yes but, you should check your HU for draw it can supply for the remote. I've run 3 amps and a crossover but was told some newer HUs you should use a relay so I don't know how many amps you can run. My HU is maybe 10yr old or something. I would just hook it up but this guy was a dealer he said and pretty serious about it when I questioned the need for a relay.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2644
relay are needed when running 3 + amps. Most amps require very little rem voltage. Its fine to run 2-3 amps off the stock HU rem. Hook em up stock, if it gives you problems look into a relay. I figured if dude was having a hard time with D-blocks, now not the time to be confusing him with relays.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
You should not have to use a relay for two amps, true it should not be an issue.

This guy was real serious about it, maybe he sold junky HUs. He said these new ones have a lower ma rating on the remote. I would never buy one if I knew it did, just more problems and more work.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 64
thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us